ok i know i prolly overlooked this somewhere but ...

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by SDK, Nov 1, 2008.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i need to know right now if i can use ivermectin injectable on pregnant and lactating animals

if so do they have to be at a certain stage in the pregnancy or is it just whenever

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Safe for use in pregnant does.
    this is the site I found it on......I have been looking everywhere and I believe it is safe on any stage of pregnancy........because it doesn't specify otherwise.....I know I give ours ivomac inj...1 month before kidding with no problems....... :)

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/wormers.htm#ivomec

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know that ivomectrin "Plus" .............should not be used on pregnant goats though...........
    so be sure not to use it......when they are preggo...

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ivermectin
    Eg. Ivomec injectable (10 mg/ml)
    - 1ml/100lbs
    Given SQ
    Has been given monthly during pregnancy with no adverse effects
    Pour On 1ml/22lbs - not proven effective

found on this site...I know it says sub Q...... but we give it orally with better results in goats....
    So ...I believe it should be OK ....If I am wrong ......someone please correct me.....because I am not a vet .....LOL

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:i8 ... d=10&gl=us

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We have used Ivomec in pregnant does with no problems. We use it orally as well. The dosage we follow is 1cc per 50 lbs.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok thanks alot guys! especially toth, you worked really hard

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very welcome ......SDK .... :) hope it helped....I see you were worried.......with the "BUMP"

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea i think all my goats have gotten lungworms from my 4h leaders sheep since we all travel a lot together. and i wanted to treat everyone before i bring bruce down here to breed

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    well that's a bummer................but it is a real good idea...... :) :thumbup:

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea big bummer, but it can be fixed!

i have to reinforce all the fences since i'm bringing bruce down to breed rainbow and ying soon. hes a big man. haha i just hope he doesn't try to get me when he's down here but i want babies soo.. i need him.

and i was soo excited today. i was able to catch helen(my 50/50 mancha boer) today and lead her no problem at all!! which is silly, yet fantastic since when i got her she was super crazy. i wuv her :love: she's just beautiful, i wish i could show her

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree it can be fixed to.....SDK ..but it is a pain......LOL

bruce does sound like a moose....LOL.......good luck with breeding rainbow and ying.......Is he mean.....you say ....you hope he doesn't get you....? :worried:

Oh I don't blame you for getting excited about catching your goat.........I had a smarty pants that was smarter then me like that.....but I figured her out and caught her....it was funny.....But it doesn't take long to tame them..............helen sounds real pretty....... :)

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    bruce isn't mean.. just huge and sometimes he can be a bit of a bully, i'm just not used to such big animals around here so .. haha

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: .......I am.... LOL