ok I think this is it!!!!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by silvergramma, Dec 14, 2009.

1. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    [​IMG]this boy was given to me,,,, when i met the family i knew i wanted goats in my life because of him...

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    WOW! Look at the horns on him! :) Very handsome fellow.

3. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    I love those horns!! He looks like a great guy.

4. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    yah they werent that big when i first layed eyes on him a few years back but because he was so sweet and tamed i really liked him and always wanted a goat like that for some reason,, having known nothing about livestock period.. but hey when ya see something that pretty and ya think to yerself one day i'll find one just like that and poof he is offered to ya free of charge cause they dont want to be into goats any more,, you jump on it big time,, I had to get used to the "rut" tho,,been knocked a few times by those things when he was going after a younger billy and I got in the way but we understand each other now..
    Everyone who comes here hates the stink but they cant get over how pretty he is..I would just like to know if those markings are connected to a breed or something...

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you got it :thumb:

nice handsome boy

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have seen several breeds with those kinds of markings:

Nigerian Dwarf
    Pygmy
    Cashmere
    Alpine

So depending on his coat type and his size he could be any of those breeds.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    He does look like a cashmere. Does he have a lot of undercoat? It looks like my fluffy does.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a handsome boy!! LOVE his horns :love:

His color pattern can be any like Stacey said, but I have seen pygmies and alpines with it.

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I didn't think Cashmere goats were an actual breed? I know a lot of breeds grow Cashmere coats... ?? A good portion of my fainter herd does. :shrug:

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ......he is handsome... :love: :greengrin:

12. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    When he was delivered to me by the family along with his son and a pregnant nanny and another billy which we put down due to aggressiveness they told me they thought he was at least part feinting goat cause they used to stomp their feet at him when he was little and he'd just tip over.. but I guess he grew out of it,,,, this will be my first year with the whole gang so his coat right now is very coarse...not very long at all..stomp yer foot now and see what ya get..
    he lost a tip off one of his horns this last summer due to fighting with the older son,,,,i actually found the tip and have it on my dashboard of my truck to remind me how lucky I am to have them all..
    they will do anything for those cello bags of baby carrots from the grocery store,,,its a stampede when i start rattling the bag from the end of the driveway...lol