Ok my first baby is due in 11 days! any advice** UPDATED PIC

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 5andcounting, May 3, 2010.

1. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Ok this is going to be the first goat born on our farm. I am nervous as all get out. She has started baggin up and you and definanatly tell she is preggers now. I have visited the forum for the list of needs for birthing supplies. Any advice? She is 1/2 fainting and 1/2 idk. She has delivered before without assistance but never with this billy! :GAAH:

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Re: Ok my first baby is due in 11 days! any advice

Do you know what she is bred to?

FIASCO farms website is great for learning what to do as is the links within this forum. Good luck and congrats on the new babies soon to be born.

3. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

I can't remember what he is, I will have to call. I know he isn't a pygmy tho!

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

IF he is a lot bigger breed than she is I would try to make sure I was present for the birth. Do you have any pictures of your doe?

5. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

I am uploading pics to photobucket now, But a few things have changed in the past few days. The pics I will load were taking tuesday evening. She was ok with us. She is not a very social goat with humans but was ok. Last night I went into the pen to try and spend some time with her. She would come if I had corn but once I got her. I was trying to feel her stomach and to bounce her to feel the babies and she was not having that she nearly broke my hand. So I left her go and went on about my business. While I was in the barn washing water bowls I heard a few of the goats come in I figure it was the that always follow me are. Nope if was Ice cream and she walked up and put her nose againist me which she has never done. Now today she is staying seperate from the heard. Hubby just went to check on her and she wouldn't come to the fence with the rest of them. She just stayed in the house laying down. she is on day 142.

6. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Re: Ok my first baby is due in 11 days! any advice** UPDATED

This is her second, but she only had 1 the first time. She is defin. pregg, she was my small goat that you could see her hips bones and stuff no matter how much I fed her. I even had her rechecked by the vet a few months back bacause she was so skinny. In the last 2 weeks she had probably put on 15 to 20 lbs all in the belly. She doesn't want me to mess with her belly anymore. I already have the supply list I was just looking for any other advice as this is the first goat born on our farm!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

How is her udder.. the pics are a bit blurry and dark...is her udder filling at all?

If she isn't gaining weight ...even being wormed....I would do a fecal on her .... she may have cocci.... Mature goats will lose weight....even though fed and wormed well.... they will continue to lose weight and not show any other signs.... and then can just up and die.... :hug:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

well she's cute :)

has her udder gotten bigger?

11. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Yes over the past week is has definantly filled in! She is gaining an udder but I don't feel that is it big enough yet! But day 150 is friday so we shall see!