The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gizmo and Destiny are doing allot better today. We finished all the meds prescribed. Just keeping up the B12 complex, veggie juice drenches and garlic. Gizmo walks like he has middle ear infection but is peeing and pooing like normal. Destiny has made a 99% recovery. She just drags one back leg a bit. Both get physio 3 times a day and my vet comes and rock climbs them so they dont lose muscle tone.
Its been really tough.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Good news Tanya. Ugh such a long road. ((Hugs))

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
So relieved to hear that!
Good job! Praying for continued recovery until they bounce around again.
Big hugs to you and your kids!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea what caused it?
Apparently it seems there is a strain doing the rounds. Bo one is sure why its affecting the goats. My two babies are not alone. Apparently my neighbor lost her two donkeys. Also we had some wild dogs in our area... not sure if that is the reason.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. So this morning I took the monsters out to pasture. Destiny immediately climber her favorite rock. Gizmo chose to stay close to me and lay on the hay bale. Both are chewing cud and have decorated my house with berries. They both peed axcessively too.... so Chevani is baby sitting while I clean my house.
The vet says they both are good to get sinshine as the vit D is good for them. Only getting hay to eat and half cup sweet feed each. No grain, no sweets, no more crackers.
Gizmo has unfortunately got a permanent off balance to him now in his rear. I will keep working with him to get him as close to his old self.
He looks so confused though. As if I am tricking him and he cannot understand what is going on.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I just worry at his mini seizures. Apparently its stuck with him. Destiny being older seems much better but wont leave his side. I am too scared to let him go to the night time pen. He still cries out allot when he falls over and I am scared something bad happens. But they cannot stay in my house every night.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Praying for continued progress for Gizmo!
That is a dilemma. Maybe a baby monitor would help.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts