Ok. So we pulled through

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Tanya, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Gizmo and Destiny are doing allot better today. We finished all the meds prescribed. Just keeping up the B12 complex, veggie juice drenches and garlic. Gizmo walks like he has middle ear infection but is peeing and pooing like normal. Destiny has made a 99% recovery. She just drags one back leg a bit. Both get physio 3 times a day and my vet comes and rock climbs them so they dont lose muscle tone.
    Its been really tough.

2. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    You've done a wonderful job helping to pull the goats through a very difficult illness. Congratulations. (clap)

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Good news Tanya. Ugh such a long road. ((Hugs))

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So relieved to hear that!
    Good job! Praying for continued recovery until they bounce around again.
    Big hugs to you and your kids!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Great job! It’s such good news they’re doing better and you have such a fantastic vet to help you so much.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  6. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    The vitamin B12 complex that does have B1 right?

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@NigerianDwarfOwner707 yes. We were injecting only at first. My vet said a drench and an injection is a good thing. We had a bit of a set back with Gizmo today. But he is doing better tonight. They are both sleeping in my room now. Chevani is really fussing over them.
    They like the odd cracker and grape

8. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Any idea what caused it? How much thiamine (mg/ml) is the injection?

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry they were so sick but fantastic that they are getting better.

10. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Great to hear that they are recovering. Keep up all the good work. (thumbup)

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  11. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

It is 2cc per 10 kg. It was a 15mg Thaiman. The vet here believes in a little more aggressive attack.

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Apparently it seems there is a strain doing the rounds. Bo one is sure why its affecting the goats. My two babies are not alone. Apparently my neighbor lost her two donkeys. Also we had some wild dogs in our area... not sure if that is the reason.

13. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh I am so glad you are doing such a great job with these too. You have been through so much. Im grateful you are able to keep giving them all they need. Sending prayers to you.

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Ok. So this morning I took the monsters out to pasture. Destiny immediately climber her favorite rock. Gizmo chose to stay close to me and lay on the hay bale. Both are chewing cud and have decorated my house with berries. They both peed axcessively too.... so Chevani is baby sitting while I clean my house.
    The vet says they both are good to get sinshine as the vit D is good for them. Only getting hay to eat and half cup sweet feed each. No grain, no sweets, no more crackers.
    Gizmo has unfortunately got a permanent off balance to him now in his rear. I will keep working with him to get him as close to his old self.
    He looks so confused though. As if I am tricking him and he cannot understand what is going on.

16. MadHouse

Good job getting them better so quickly! I pray that Gizmo will gain all his movement back over the next while!
    I can see them enjoying the sun and the rocks.

17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just worry at his mini seizures. Apparently its stuck with him. Destiny being older seems much better but wont leave his side. I am too scared to let him go to the night time pen. He still cries out allot when he falls over and I am scared something bad happens. But they cannot stay in my house every night.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  18. MadHouse

Praying for continued progress for Gizmo!
    That is a dilemma. Maybe a baby monitor would help.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. My sister has one so I will get that tonight. Tomorrow I will set it up and test to see if the distance is good and how often batteries must be changed.

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California