The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh geesh you guys....some might remember I've had the lousiest year between my SUV and my camera equipment.

Okay, so the SUV is back at it again.
Nevermind that I had a scary blowout on the interstate a few weeks ago that caused some fender damage. I had the tires checked a couple of weeks before that and they said they were fine. They DID switch the spare with the tire that blew, so I almost wonder if I should have went back and threw a fit? They said the spare was better than the tire that was on there...uh yeah, obviously NOT. :thinking:

So I am kinda over that now....

Get home from a goat show tonight, unloading, and for some reason something told me to put my hand under the passenger side floor mat.

Soaking wet with WARM water. It was so warm it was kind of steamy! But not scalding type of hot.
:eek::confused::(

What in the heck could cause that? The heater core is BYPASSED! :rolleyes:

I'll have to have my husband take a look at it tomorrow after he gets off work.

We've had so many problems with this thing OMG, he is so determined to keep it and keep sinking $$ into it.

It struggles to pull the trailer, I don't do more than 55-60mph with it so I don't push it too hard but goodness. I'm just cursed with this thing I guess :(

Well, I won't let it ruin a good day, other than a few sibling rivalries, haha, it was a really good day and we made it home in one piece lol

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, well it isn't pee lol

I checked it this morning and the heater core bypass is fine, radiator is full of fluid and the reserve looks the same as it did when I checked it yesterday morning.

It was really really warm water, so I wonder if maybe it was old water that leaked from the heater core?

I was told the trailer I pull is fine for our SUV, but IMO it's a bit heavy for it/struggles especially up hills. Still I'm stumped, where in the world could this water have come from. It's not soaked this morning, just damp. It's like it was steamy water?

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure Karen, good question. I'll have my husband check it more thoroughly tomorrow.

Darn vehicle is driving me mad!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it have ac?
It does, but haven't used it in a couple of years. I thought with the heater core bypassed it wouldn't work anyway?

I didn't get a chance to check it, but the water has to be coming from somewhere. I think what concerns me most though is that the floorboard was really really warm? I've never messed with that floorboard after being on the road for a while, so I don't even know if that's normal lol

It was raining, but not real heavy, just spotty showers on the hour drive home.

My husband thinks that there must have still been water in the heater core that got was hot and leaked out.

I'll check it again tomorrow, and have to run a few errands so we'll see what happens.

·
926 Posts
Is I hot in your area? If you don't use the ac it couldn't have been that. What happens sometimes is since the ac collects moisture from humid air it can collect and leak into the vehicle when the drain is plugged. And if in a hot day the car sits that water that leaks out heats up.

Or if the car was sitting in the sun the remaining water/coolant in the heater core may have warmed up and leaked out.

Or rainwater could have seeped in but it would most likely not be warm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts