The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fancy had her kids on St. patty's day, now two weeks later her milk production has dropped. (literally only one pound difference this morning (which for her is normal) to a two pound difference this evening).
my only idea is that her daughter, Fiona (who is almost a year old, born 4/7) is nursing on her because I forgot to feed her this morning (my fault completely). Fiona was weaned at 9 weeks old so i have no idea why she would start nursing again :confused:. i am thinking Fiona might be pregnant so maybe she is needing calcium?
has anyone had this happen?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
her udder is usually like this or fuller
Beard Ear Liver Fawn Snout

now it is closer to this
Primate Jaw Rhesus macaque Fawn Whiskers

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, i have a doe who would keep nursing and she is 2!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really? even after she was weaned? the thing is Fiona was bottle fed and never got to nurse except for colostrum. I'm so confused because there was no evidence of her doing this before o_O

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in season? she gets alfalfa cubes a dairy goat textured sweet feed and free choice minerals and hay.
i did not tape her teats (i don't have any medical tape that i feel wont tear off the skin of her udder) but i didn't feed Fiona again today so if she is super low on milk production i will know. i will also put some food coloring on Fiona's lips so of she is nursing i will see a dot or something of that color on fancy's udder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.