The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know she was a grand champion. But it seems to me a lot of alpine breeders put a lot of emphasis on her. What's the big deal, am I missing something? Was she a goat that changed something? Please fill me in, because I'm either feeling really stupid right now, or I don't know what.

Help a nieve goatie... :whatgoat:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh... Yep, that helps a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
ooooh, a celebrity of the goating world! She's a beautiful doe!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It was a very sad day when that doe died. Talked to another breeder at the 05 nationals. Rishona had passed away only a few weeks before that. I was told that the new owners paid $10,000 for her, and then she passed away only a few weeks later. She produced some stunning offspring. Her buck kid (rushkin) holds the record for the highest selling goat at the spotlight sale. He sold for $16,000. I have a great grand daughter from her. Sadly Juno broke her leg at a month old. Had she been another kid i probably would of put her down but considering the blood lines i had i paid to get her fixed. She may never make the show ring but the genes will go on to produce more offspring.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was looking at this thread andd something seemed really familiar. After a search on ADGA genetics, I realized what it is. Waailatpu bought her half brother Lothario. My friend had a Lothario daughter and has this buck in some of her goats' pedigrees. They are really nice Alpines.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. One thing that's frusterating is, that there is a great grandson of hers in my area. BUT he throws bad toplines from what I have seen. And his back legs are posty as well. Everybody seems to use him, and it makes finding a good goat hard to find. I think he is so far removed that all the good genetics are gone.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seems odd to me that show goats would be de-horned. You'd think a breed standard would include the whole animal as breeding developed it, but I guess it's not any different than the standard for Dobermans is clipped ears.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be a liability issue as well.

·
1,029 Posts
dvfreelancer said:
Seems odd to me that show goats would be de-horned. You'd think a breed standard would include the whole animal as breeding developed it, but I guess it's not any different than the standard for Dobermans is clipped ears.
:D I take it you've never had your underwear hooked by a heat-crazed dairy doe . . . . :slapfloor:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Trust me, disbudding is for the best with dairy goats. With a goat like that thats worth that much money, it would be a total loss to have her udder ripped by some disgruntled goat in the dairy barn. We had one ripped udder on a boer, its not pretty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts