Ok you pooch test experts.... wanna give this one a shot?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Cinder, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Here's my 3 yr. old Nubian doe who is supposedly going to kid the last week of January or first week of February. She doesn't even look pregnant to me (since I have other does who are due months after her and they are bigger than she is) but I thought I'd post this and see what ya'll think. She has freshened before if that's important. If I need different pictures let me know and I can get some more tomorrow. Taking pictures of the south end of a north facing goat is really hard. They never stand still even with someone holding them. I don't know how you others get such great pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    To me she looks preggers. Can you tie her head or put her in a milk stand. You would definately be able to feel a kid / s. I have an Alpine that is preggers and she is due the 28th of February. I felt a kid last night kicking just make sure that you are minipulating her on HER right side.

Those standard breeds can carry very deep instead of wide - especially with a single. That is what my Alpine does!!

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Looks bred to me?

4. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    How exactly do I manipulate? Just holding my hand along her right side? Under her right side? Do I push in? Help!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm not sure if she's preggo or not...i'm still getting a hang of the pooch "look". But you will most likely be able to feel kids. I usually put the does head between my legs or tie her up, pull up on the belly pretty hard, not jerky, but pull up nice and slow, then drop the belly and push into or pull up on the belly again and you should be able to feel a kick. It usually works great for me. If you don't you should be able to feel a hard rounded lump in her belly, but you have to push in pretty good, it depends. Don't worry, it's pretty hard to hurt the doe. Oh and make sure it's the GOATS right side, not left.

6. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    From comparison on my girls who are preg, i'd say she looks preg. :) Since she's freshened before, she could be stretched out some from that, too, but with her depth and her shape in the first pic, she looks rounded and not just from eating. I'd say preggers!