Okay this doe is for sale again and I REALLY REALLY want her

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by SkyesRanch, Feb 21, 2011.

1. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
  2. quakingcanopy

quakingcanopy New Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Re: Okay this doe is for sale again and I REALLY REALLY want

It's hard to see much from just the one angle...but some possible pros and cons...

cons -- doesn't appear to have much brisket extension, chine appears to dip a little which ideally it wouldn't on such a young girl, but it could be her stance, elbow appears a little out which makes her front feet look ahead of her - as opposed to underneath her. Udder doesn't appear to have much of a medial and teets are small. Rump is pretty steep more from left to right then front to back - her spine/tail bone is quite a bit higher then her thurls and pin bones.

pros - just as many pros! legs look strong, good depth and distance between her rear legs. udder has great 1/3 positioning, she is very long and dainty, fine boned with a slender neck. I would highly recommend putting your hands on her, feet her skin, her ribs (especially the spacing) and whether her bones are nice and flat. It appears in the picture - but I could be very wrong - that her pins are farther apart then her hip bones. Great pro :)

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

I think she's a beautiful doe at a very fair price. Well proven and looks good. I would get her. ;)

4. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008

It's tough to go on from one pic, which is why you should always ask for multiple angles if you're purchasing without seeing in person.
    This doe was originally for sale a very long time, which makes me wonder why she wasn't taken. But certainly her accomplishments and appraisal, plus the security of generational milk stars are big pluses. I personally though like to see good teat size.
    Do you know how her offspring has done and what mammary looks like in her daughters? That's always a key for me - how does a doe produce.
    But if you really like her, she appears to have enough going for her to get the green light.