The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a second freshener Nubian that has very small teats and it is killing my hands to milk her. I just weaned her kids at 8 weeks and she is giving a half gallon a milking. Her teats are so small that I am having to squeeze 3 to 4 times as much as I do on my other two. Anyone have advice for what I can do to make this easier. Getting a milking machine is not an option. thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
I feel your pain! I have a doe like that. I did make the brake pump milker, it actually worked pretty good, it takes longer though, I eventually just went back to hand milking because I didn't have time in the mornings before work. You could try that, about 35 dollars is all it should cost to make one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a doe that did just terrible at the fair this year because the judge did not like how big her teats were. I can use all four fingers to milk her and she milks out so fast, it literally takes me no time at all to milk her. This doe however I can only milk with two fingers. Her teats are smaller than the mini nubian I used to milk. She does have big orifices though so that is a plus for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts