The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question as I have A 13 yr old wether who is beginning to show his age. As in humans and our pets there are products and medications to help with arthritis, joint pain and other ailments as the body gets older... I'm just curious if anyone has done anything for their elderly goats to help them in their señor years. My boy Jadper is healthy right now he was just at the vet had a full checkup and blood work and he's in great shape but obviously he is beginning to slow down, not climbing and jumping up on things nearly as much as he's done in the past . Sometimes he makes me laugh as he lays under the hay feeder Laying down eating. I just wanted to hear some opinions cause Jasper can not tell me how he feels with this whole gettin old thing

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
My old boy is of something close to that age. He started having problems with his weight so we put him on Allegro Senior horse food over the winter. That was good stuff for him. He's better starting out this year. He gets stiff in the joints as well not wanting to move around enough. I use Horseguard joint formula for him.

·
Registered
30,576 Posts
You can also add MSM for horses to his feed and ground flax seed, which helps with inflammation..: )

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i started using cosequin and it's been 2 weeks and it seems to help this is the dog fornula but they have it for horses which i wouldnt hesitate to use on goats..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts