The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has a retired milker?
I wanted to see what I should be expecting to see in an old goat (10+ years) that used to be a heavy milker, but is now dry.
Anyone have any photos? Or willing to take some? :)

I know that I'm still a LONG way away from my girls being old (my oldest doe is coming up on her 4th birthday), but wanted to see anyhow...
Thanks guys! :)

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmmm.... No one..???

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for udder pics. :) Front, back, side. Etc.
Thank you SO much! :)

·
Super Moderator
31,760 Posts
I have a retired 11 year old saanen..Ill take pix of her udder and post it...pretty much looks like any ol' dry doe lol..saggie baggie :D

·
Super Moderator
31,760 Posts
This is a pic of my 11 year old Saanen, Paige, now retired...her udder freshened hard on that small side..so it also dried uneven..but it gives you an idea...

Attachments

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you SOOOOOOOOO so much! :)
Now I know that it doesn't go back 'flat' like SOME people have tried to tell me!

HA!
I was right!
Take THAT know-it-all-lucy! LOL
Muahahaha!!!
:ROFL: :lol:

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
That's just about what my 10 year old does udder looks like when its empty, she is my 3 gallon a day milker so her udder has put up with some weight! But she has really good attachments when she is bagged, they just go loose when she's milked out. No they never go back flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.