The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
my pygmy goat nanny is around 12 years old, and for the last year or so she has been having some pretty heavy vaginal secretions, sometimes when she comes into heat she gets a VERY heavy flow, she soaks her tail and the underside of her tail and it even gets her legs wet, she makes a wet spot where she lays down, it is milky white and like mucus, she gets kinda lethargic but still eats, then after a few days it clears up and she gets back to normal. i figured it was just her getting older and have hormone stuff going on, but this last cycle has been heavier than the others and i am starting to wonder if it is normal? there is no blood at all in it , it is white and she does not do it heavy every month, maybe every other month

i lost my 14 year old billy goat ned over the winter and i don't think i can handle her having anything major wrong with her so soon after i lost my billy goat:angelgoat:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it seems to be tapering off now,
it is the weirdest thing, it is heavy for a few days or so then it dries up totally and she feels better and starts running around and gets her energy back for a month or 2 then it happens again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is very watery and she makes a puddle of it when she lays down,
gonna get the vet out tomorow and have her checked out

·
Registered
30,159 Posts
A vet visit would be good..in the mean time get her temp...101.5-103.5 is normal range...Im leaning toward infection as well...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has she ever been bred? Did the male mount her at all?
she was bred once, probably 8 years ago and she had 2 cute little kids, a male and a female
she almost died of meningeal worms (Paralaphostrongylus tenius) 5 years ago. they got into her brain and one of our local vets pulled her out of it

·
Registered
30,159 Posts
She sounds like a surviver!!! MW is a hard thing to kick!!..Please keep us posted on what the vet says ...

Were you able to get temp? if there is infection that might show high...if she does have an infection *Nuflor is great for that...I used it on my old saanen lady who had a uterous infection...worked quick for her....

* Not Resflor or NuflorGold...these combine Banamine with the antibiotic..best to give these meds seperate when needed ;-)

·
Super Moderator
58,455 Posts
You must do it rectally.

Temp or not I bet she has a uterine infection. It just may not be really bad. They can have a mild one for a long time.

·
Registered
30,159 Posts
Temp or not I bet she has a uterine infection
This is true..Paige only had a slight raise in temp....but its a place to start : )

I use a digital ..its easier to read..: ) rectal is the only way...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts