The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what seemed like forever ... Yesterday I finally got Oliver! I obviously love him already. :) I know he's a goat so he will eat pretty much anything but I would still love to get him some sort of toys or playthings. Does anyone have any ideas???

Attachments

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
HI, congrats!

Goats cannot eat "pretty much anything" I would suggest doing a search on here on feed for your goat...
They need good quality hay, loose minerals, grain (at times) and extra copper and selenium/e....

Any changes suddenly in a goats diet will quickly lead to illness and/or death!

Hope all goes well with your new goat! Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
Goats are actually picky eaters and usually won't eat just anything.

I use Little Tikes things like picnic tables and cubes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much! I already have hay and grain to feed him and the place I bought him from said bagels and vegetables were okay as well. I am just afraid to get toys because I don't want him to swallow anything harmful.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I agree, congrats, Oliver he is a cutie :)

Get Imodium chloride,to prevent UC, Sometimes you will find it in his grain or lose minerals. What kind of grain are you feeding?

Goats need loose salt and minerals with copper in it.

As to toys, get him a play station to climb on, that is a perfect toy. Or build something to climb on.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
My mother-in-law picked up 2 empty wire spools from the electric company (She just went inside and asked!) My goats LOVE them. I had to hammer down a couple of loose nails and also anchor the spools with some cement blocks so they wouldn't tip. Now they're safe and very fun. Best of all, they were FREE!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah they like things they can climb on and jump off of. Some of mine really seem to enjoy sleeping in the feed pans until they out grow them.
He mite enjoy a jolly ball or something like it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I keep checking with home depot when they empty a wire spool I get them for the goats to climb on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts