OMG, no way!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I won't mention names, but I emailed a very prestigious breeder. I am not sure what made me do it. I asked for some advice from them, and stated my frustrations with some of the breeders in my area. I talked with them about the fact that I am having a hard time getting going, and esspecially now with the economy. I told him where I am, and that there just aren't very many alpine breeders in my area.

I told them what I wanted to accomplish, and some other things here and there. And do you know what they offered me? Nothing free of course, but they offered to maybe let me lease bucks off and on because they sometimes have bucks or bucklings they can't use at that time. They said that they often have bucklings or bucks that they don't want to sell, but have nowhere to keep them for the meantime.

Oh Lord, I am just about shaking! They said some other nice things, and that was just about the nicest thing any breeder has done for me. I was just blown away.

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

:hug: good for you! That is awesome!

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I feel like it was an answered prayer. Some of you know how much trouble I have been having finding a good buckling, or buck. I have been on this strange quest, and I have gone through so much. All for a goat! There has been several times that I have wanted to give up.

A goat, a goat, a kingdom for a goat... LOL

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    WOOHOO Dreamchaser!! :thumb:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats great news!!! Good for you!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great!! Glad to hear someone else is understanding of your situation and sees how it can benefit them as well :hug:

so will you get breed your doe this year?

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I will probably breed her to a local buck. At least then I will hopefully *fingers twisted and crossed* get a doe to start out with that will be registerable as grade.

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Oh, and another question... What does leasing and animal entail? Is that a pay by the month thing with a down payment, or do you pay by the year?