OMGoodness!! This kid is driving me nuts today

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by CodyAcres, Mar 2, 2009.

1. CodyAcres

CodyAcres New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Rural Oklahoma
    Do goat kids go thru terrible twos?

I have our 4 week old today boer buckling in the house. From the
    minute I got him out of bed to feed him this morning, he's been all
    over this house, jumping on things, grabbing papers and things that
    he's not supposed to get, trying to jump on the bar table, etc etc.
    He's never been this rambunctios.

Anyway, back to the previous question...
    Do goat kids go thru terrible twos?

I've got to get another goat fast so I can get him outside LOL!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    :ROFL: sorry just the mental picture you created was to funny!

Yah they can get rather ornary :shades:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh yes - the fun is beginning.

I had a Nigerian who lived in the house till he was 5 weeks - NEVER, ever again - for that reason. He would take off running and flying through the air, on top of everything, always in trouble for knocking something off of somewhere.

One time he went flying up on the coffee table and then right in the chest of my husband who was sleeping - that was the last straw for DH :ROFL:
  4. CodyAcres

CodyAcres New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Rural Oklahoma
    Oh, thank you!! I am glad it's not just my little guy!! Had me worried. Funny about the husband thing. Mine is getting to his last straw. He'll be sitting in the recliner, watching TV, and guess who jumps up in his lap, crushing something while in the process. I thought my husband might have goat chops for dinner right then and there LOL.

My goat has been active and funny and all, but today, it has just kicked in, the orneryness.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, the other thing that Turner did, was jump up on the bed when DH was sleeping and pee on him through the comforter - ohhhh he was NOT happy about that!
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yes ...they sure do....wait til they "dong" off the wall...LOL :wink:
  7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: Oh but they're so cute, how can you get upset. :slapfloor: I had a little bottle baby that was in the house for a few weeks, oh gosh, she would run through the house to one end then come leaping and spring back to the other end. She'd jump on the recliners, tear apart newpaper, and slip and slide on the lenolium (sp) floor. Oh yes, and a couple times she'd jump in my bed while I was watching tv and take a nice long pee. :GAAH: But I could never stay mad for long. I'd always give her a big hug and pat her on the head after I was done cleaning up the mess. :roll: Then she'd run off to do more damage. :doh:
  8. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

I knew there must be a reason I keep my goats outside . . .
  9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Actually I only bring in a kid... if at birth ...they need warmed up...that is it.....
    watching them play outside.. they can dong all over the place...I have even seen them jump sideways and dong off the barn wall.....that is why ...I keep them outside as well....safer in so many different ways.....LOL :wink:
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He's a normal healthy kid! LOL

When I brought Bootsie home( almost 9 yeas ago!) She stayed in the house with me thru the day and slept outside at became a permanent outside thing when she and the cat were playing tag one day and DH was napping on the couch.....needless to say, the high speed pass over his face and "jewels" woke him up very fast and from then on Boots stayed outside( when he was home :wink: )
  11. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Ducky was in the house for about a month as well. Ha ha, goodness, fun times! Ducky just HAD to sleep in the bed with me. I would start her out in her crate but after a few hours of screaming, Dad said " I dont care what you have to do, just get it to shut up already!" I would lay a puppy pad down before she got snuggled down beside me just in case, but she never did pee or poop in my bed. I guess Im just so light of a sleeper, anytime she got up, I was ready. :slapfloor:
  12. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    :ROFL: :slapfloor:
    That put the funniest image in my mind
  13. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    I had a buckling in the house last year for a month so I was prepared this year. We kid proofed the kitchen and living room for this year. I use baby gates to keep them restricted. Right now I have 3 little ones jumping and running around my kitchen. It is really funny because they will stand there in a huddle real quiet right before they try to get into something they shouldn't. It's like they are discussing what they can get into. I am very lucky because Rich is the one who wanted goats to begin with so he loves it. He purposely lays on the floor so they can climb and jump all over him.
  14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Lets see. :roll: There was the Pancakes on the Entertainment center screamign his head off to get down cause he got up there and could not figure out how to get down. :oops: Panckaes running though the house with a can on his head. :help: Pani peeing on hubby more then once while he slept cause he was in where mommy normaly sat. :shocked: Pani knocking off everything on the coffee table more then once cause he thought the coffee table was a place to play and all the stuff was in the way. :shades: Running though the house with a important paper in his mouth cause it was funny to watch mommy not be able to catch him and get it back. :sigh: Pani taken off with some earrings I made cause he was playing keep away again because mommy was not allowed to work on them. :dance: Pani pooing in my hubby's shoes and all hubby could do is laugh. :ROFL: Pani playing tag with my cats and comes back to me screaming when a cat scratched him now. :help: Pani jumping in the tub with me and then screaming his head off, jumping out and leaven a trail of water through the house until he got to the couch and then left a puddle of water where he sat to dry off. :dance: Pani maken messes after mess after messes in the house but looking at you with those reat big baby goat eyes saying I am sorry and I will do it again but I am cute and you can not help love me looks. :angel2: Yep your goat is doing what is natural for a inside bottle baby and it might or might not et worse but you will not mind it at all trust me or just talk to Pani! :wave:
  15. CodyAcres

CodyAcres New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Rural Oklahoma
    That is soooooo funny!!