On this day

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Sep 11, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    On this day 8 years ago the time stood still for most of us.

I was just in highschool and never felt so lost or alone as I sat and watched TV instead of Algebra schoolwork.

I remember feeling so glad to be alive, SO PROUD of my Country and awed by the powder of my God. No one could unite a country so greatly under one cause.

I will say it again, "I am PROUD to be an American where at least I know I am FREE. And I wont forget the men or died who gave that right to me and I will proudly stand up next you and defend her still today, cause their aint not doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA"

:flag:

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    On this day 8 years ago I sat watching the t.v. in dis-belief wondering what this was going to mean for my son that had just left for the Air Force......and on that day hearing the words come out of my daughters mouth that she would be joining the Army after graduation......As a mom of an enlisted child I was so worried as the weeks went by and the talk of war began....but a very proud mom.....I'm still beaming with pride, my son whom still serves in the Air Force training fighter pilots and my daughter who did leave after graduation that year and did join the Army for 4 years and served a year in Iraq taking care of orphaned children whom Sadam's regime had killed their families, she has finished her time in the Army, but her husband continues to serve and is in Iraq serving at this moment as she is about to give birth to their first child, a baby boy :love:.......my first grandson!
    My heart goes out to all those families that lost loved ones on that fateful day..... :hug: , Denise

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I was only 9 at the time and working on math homework at the time when my brother came in and said that they had said on the radio that somebody had crashed into the Twin Towers. For the rest of the day we just watched the TV in disbelief. Although I wasn't old enough at the time to understand what was happening, now I realize the evil that was done to so many innocent people on that day.

May the Lord bring rest to the families of those who were lost, and thanks to all the troops who have fought to keep this country free.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Seems that it'd just had just happend, doesnt feel like it's been 8 years. I was 7 and still remember it.

:grouphug:

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    So unbelievably shocking. The heroes of subsequent flights who stood up & fought.
    The eerie days when all flights were grounded & all you could hear were Air Force jets, wondering where they were going & if there was a target right here on our own soil.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    A day we all will remember with a prayer for those who lost loved ones and a prayer for our continued safety and that of those who are brave enough to fight for us :hug:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    [​IMG]

I was in high school and had a severe ear infection that day. Went home and watched in a surreal daze.

Never forget.

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I was in middle school and we weren't told anything most of the day. The teachers were finally allowed to tell us that there had been a terrorist attack on NY, but that was it. I had to go home find out what was really happening and watch the news.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I remember the day well. i was a Sr. in High School. I got up as the second plane hit, i couldnt believe what i was watching.
    When i got to school it was even more, we watched covereage of it all day in every class. I dont think we did anything else that day.
    beth

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It was so devastating....I couldn't believe what I was seeing......I cried... for the loss of life and watching people jumping to their deaths... was so tragic....everyone will feel that pain.....forever......... :grouphug:

"We will never forget".... :flag: :pray: :grouphug: