The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
Something along the line of Farming on the Dime lol...with neat ideas on shelters, fencing ( that dont look like a junk yard set up lol) , feeding animals, growing gardens, and fields..ect.....

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
The best one I have thus was is Kat's book ... I don't agree with everything, but it is pretty amazing. :)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
There are a lot of very useful books available, but I think it would have to be Goat Medicine. I have a bit of an advantage over a lot of people that get into goats, however, because I grew up with cattle so I know about the heat loss to weight ratio and the benefits that shelter brings to the table during bad weather.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
The Backyard Goat and Stories Guide to Raising Goats are pretty good simple books that cover a lot of subjects.

Like Danielle though, I really like Kat's book. Pat Colbey's book on goats is really good too but some of the help in Kat's book is better IMO. I do prefer natural meds and health over the chemical.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have storeys guide on the way. But I too like natural health. I was considering pat colobeys book, kats book or the one for farm and stable. So many choices!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts