The Goat Spot Forum banner

One day milk testing

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  liz 
#1 ·
Can anyone explain the one-day milk test to me...and tell me how to go about getting this done? I have no idea where to begin looking, and dairy goats are FEW and FAR Between in my area. I have a ND doe who is giving 2 qts. per day, and am interested in getting a one day test done on her. Any help or 'pointing in the right direction' would be great!

#2 ·
Who do you have her registered with...AGS. ADGA, NDGA? call them and they can help. ADGA told me that for a 1 day it would cost $60 for the registration and an additional $6 per goat. I only have one so her star will have to wait. Her mom is a 3*M.

#4 ·
I haven't participated, yet, but our club holds one-day milk tests at least once a year so that everyone can split expenses.

Also in the last club meeting minutes (I'm bad about making those, too), they discussed AGS Nationals since we're hosting this June and there was this:

3. Nationals – the American Goat Society (AGS) National Show will be held in Albuquerque June 16th through 21th. There will be judges training and other events June 16th through 17th, with the show being held June 19th through 21st. Please put this on your calendar. This show will be for all dairy goats, not just Nigerians.
xii. Milk Testing – There will be a seminar offered at the Nationals on being an official milk tester.

I don't know if you're coming to Nationals, but it might be worth getting the training if you are.

I'm planning to volunteer to help my club with hosting duties as I don't have enough goats to make the entry costs worth it, yet (next year!!!). :)

#5 ·
My goats are AGS and ADGA. I know it's expensive, but something that I kinda want to do - at some point. Maybe this summer at the state fair??

I am so envious of those of you who have clubs, and groups to help you. We don't have any of those anywhere near us. I know I complain about it a lot, but we are in an area where ND breeders are VERY few and far between. I really enjoy the ND's, but the market around here is pretty much non-existant since there are no breeders here. I'm trying to build the best herd that I can, and hope that some of you guys will be interested in what I have to offer.

#6 ·
I have the same problem here, I would love to have Binky get her * but with no clubs or organizations close by it's a mute point. She gave just over 2 qts a day last year...and kept it up for almost 4 months before dwindling down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.