The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are newbies to the goat world. We purchased a mama goat who was expecting, along with another mama that came with one week old twins. Well Friendly had twins just over two weeks ago and is an awesome little mama! Ever since the kids were born one has had one ear that kind of just stays up. At first I thought it was just a cute little quark, BUT now that I'm on this page I wanna make sure it's not a sing deficiency of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance View media item 3731View media item 3729View media item 3727

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Side note he seems like an overall very happy, healthy boy, eats, pees, poops, plays, repeat.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I can't see your photos! And I'd love to see them because the one-up, one-down ears are the CUTEST!!! It's not a deficiency. It's just a cute little quirk. I've had several up/down newborns, but for some reason mine always even out after a few days or at most a few weeks (much to my disappointment!). I did have a kid last year with one ear flopped over, but unfortunately the way it creased was causing her discomfort and fluid build-up in the ear canal so I splinted it for a few days to help it straighten. Now they both stick straight out to the side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts