The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 1 year old weather has 1 horn well he had 2 but he knocked it off it bled pretty bad but it stop bleating eventually (not to mention getting it all over my show doe daisy),but they keep growing back no matter what we do! We don't show him but I want him to not have horns anymore or at least not look like a unicorn XD what can we do at his age to remove his horn permanently

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank u guys I'm still looking for nor answers just in case

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
I had my vet remove the horns on a 2 or 3 month old boy that was pulled from our pack program and bought by a friend as a breeding buck. Everything went perfectly and I will never do it again. You will always have issues regardless of what you decide. Most methods of removing horns leave scurs. Pictured is the boy who had his horns removed. It took months for it to heal and the holes down into his nasal cavity to close.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
image-2035866412.jpg

His horn is about that long and his other is starting to grow back

Attachments

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
thats a scur not a horn. For one like that you can wire saw it and burn it to stop the bleeding and if burnt well enough, could stop any further growth. For the other side, you can just burn it. By burn I mean us a dis budding or calf iron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts