One of my girls has horns and was disbudded....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    All three of the girls where disbudded by the breeder. But Panda started getting horns a few weeks ago. they are not large, but are very thin and loose feeling. Should be concerned about this, do I need to do something for them, or are they ok and I just leave them alone?

2. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    These sound like scurs, which can and does often happen after being dibudded. Not really anything to worry about as long as they don't start growing into her head. They will usually be knocked off (repeatedly) and grow back. Sometimes they bleed when they get knocked off, usually not a big deal. If they do start to grow into the skull, just trimm or saw them off.

3. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    They are straight now and have hot curled any. Do they continue to grow their entire life or do they stop growing at some point. Also can you show a goat with scurs?

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I had a doe that grew a scur, it got kinda long and I was still able to show her, I think it has to be a certain size though. But yours sounds like its just starting to grow o it should be fine