One of my other loves.

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Sfgwife, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    97570057-C51A-4985-87F6-A4A5A97B2DE7.jpeg 6FC3D2FC-7131-4B22-A750-A9EB17D3C0AD.jpeg 706DE05A-73FB-4565-AE44-BAD3B8ABB215.jpeg 8037B541-5149-45C3-BCE5-FB1DFEECA132.jpeg I quilt, crochet, knit, spin and do hand embroidery. These are a few finished and mostly finished woobies that i have gotten done in the last month. The crazy one finally came home so i could bind it and send it to its new home. As much as i hate workin with batiks i so loved makin it! The other two are for friends who got the baby rabies.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Just beautiful!

CaramelKittey and Sfgwife like this.

3. cristina-sorina

cristina-sorina Well-Known Member

May 4, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    They're all so beautiful! I laughed when I read "baby rabies" lol!

CaramelKittey, Dwarf Dad and Sfgwife like this.
  4. SilverCreekFarm

SilverCreekFarm Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Texas
    I love quilts, but can't sew a stitch. I wish I could. Maybe when I retire I will find the time. I buy old ones at flea markets and antique shops. Have you considered combining your loves? Baby goat sweaters? I would love to find some reasonably priced ones. And also, some kind of temporary collars for baby goats to identify them? I struggle with this dilemma every year.

5. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    Those are lovely. I like the applique technique used with the first quilt. Very beautiful matching of patterns and solids with the second quilt. The third, with the semi circular centers outlining the multi colors of the pattern print is breathtaking. The quilt pattern wonderfully changes from one geometrical shape into another as the eye travels the colors and outlines. Wow, very nice.
    :goodjob:

6. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Dog sweaters and baby human sized sweaters work wonderfully for kid clothes. :). We put human shirts on the dogs in winter too when they need them. I have an irishwolfhound and try findin a sweater to fir him..... not happenin. Lol. Ladies size med works well for his long torso.

7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    The first one... i have had the front and back fabrics paired for a long time thinkin it needed be a whole cloth woobie. I just adored those wee hedgehogs lol! And didnt want cut them up. So i added a lil jazz with the applique and wala a woobie. :).

The second one is actually all prints. :). It was a block or the week or month at a quilt shop that i did years ago when i was just tryin actually DO patterns instead of eyeballin and goin from there. I didnt like the colors and it got put away. But our friend in fl that we have known for twentyish years (he worked with paul on a SF team, he lived a few blocks from is and spent a LOT of time at the house) and his wife finally got the lil terrorist they have been tryin for for years with doc invention. So i had make him one. Russ loves these colors so i finished it for their lil man. :)

The last is one of my most hated and fav lol! It is a cathedral window pattern. I loved the makin of it but despise usin batiks... they are just a pita. I jave always loved the pattern for the movement in it.. it is an old old pattern that is usually hand done. But i saw a machine way and tried it out. My gf in tn and her mister lost a child last year and i wanted make them a woobie. This one is just so bright and pretty. I even splurged and bought a really nice and beautiful backing for it. I usually do plain thick muslin back cause really... who sees the backs of quilts. It is black and white and has inspiring words all over. I sent it to my usual quilter and she had it forever then her longarm didnt want to quilt the batiks. So after her havin it for bout eight months she sent it back and i sent it out to another shop i had used before. As soon as it came at the beginnin of the month i finished it and sent it on its merry way. :) they love it... she called me just a bawlin.

8. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    A0403737-E995-4DC9-82CB-171320AD2F15.jpeg
    Haha yep baby rabies! So many people are gettin the virus this year. Ugh! I really want/need finish a new one for our bed for winter. But all these stinkin cases of the rabies! Even our most wonderful vet and his wife got it... and our middle son and his wife got it again. This is the one i have started for our bed. I am not sure i really love it though. :/. I do love the big block though.

9. elvis&oliver

elvis&oliver Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Pa
    They are all beautiful! You’re very talented I love them all. I laughed at the baby rabies too(clap)

10. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
  11. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
  12. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

I really like those. My mother used to quilt. Had my father make her a frame she could put up and take down to use when she wanted. Made all of us kids and then grandkids multiple quilts.
    Thank you for sharing.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    DFEA94F0-A611-4B44-AF15-8E7DAA1ABD57.jpeg This woobie is all finished for the wee person it will be goin to soon. It is hangin out on my clothesline soakin up fresh country airs.

15. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow! Just beautiful!

16. cristina-sorina

cristina-sorina Well-Known Member

May 4, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    That is gorgeous, im in love!!

17. lhorning

lhorning Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Beautiful! I want to get my nerve up enough to try more than stitch in the ditch, but I chicken out every time. I love making tops but I'm afraid to quilt it, ugg.... Only for fear of messing up all the hard work. Silly, I know. Thanks for sharing!

CaramelKittey likes this.
  18. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    It's gorgeous. Really love the colors, the mix of different patterns is quite a sight to see. Wow. Just wow! :goodjob:

19. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Make a small somethin and go from there. I also use my ironin table as a stabilizer for larger woobies. And. If you feel like you are messinup... you are not! It all crinkles up when washed anyway. :). I just doodle on mine. I do not have the patience for more than that with large pieces.

CaramelKittey and lhorning like this.
  20. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

A beautiful heirloom for someone.