One of my other loves.

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Sfgwife, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    No i have TUBS of yarn in the closet! I am more than HAPPY to share.

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Your work is So so pretty! I crochet..haha..i say that lightly..my one and only "blanket" turned into a triangle . I then stitched up the sides and made a puppy pocket out of it for my couch dog. When she passed away..we buried her in it. She loved it.
    I have a bunch of quilt squares..just not much gumption to sew. My fun project is making old fashion sock monkeys. Been making monkeys for 32 years.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Okay, I see. If you were selling handspun yarn I would be all over that. I have plenty in my stash as well, but I have a "you can never have enough yarn" complex, so I am pretty much always looking for more.:p I guess you could say I deal with yarn math.

4. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    one day you will be like no more. Hahaha. I did this when we left ky sixish years ago. I have bought maybe ten skeins since then. I just ise stash for everything.

5. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    3D50B723-5666-4B46-A442-1D24931F56C5.jpeg 344B21F7-BDE0-4812-8E18-4B2BFA6B891C.jpeg EF8361B3-78F9-4DD0-8016-952A37806BFC.jpeg Top is the more true color. Second is the lovely cables. This one is SO soft and squishy! The last one i used part commercial dyed yarn and part my handspun. I mucked up the cables some on it but meh only me knows... and if someone says anything about the cables not matchin.... welp they do not need anything handmade from me lol. Christmas is coming and i get a LOT of hints for hats and socks lol! That is ok though! They are quick and pretty easy. It is big momotonus things that drive me bonkers to knit. Lol. Right now i jave a cowl on my needles and i am sooooooo tired of it. That is how the top hat came to be. I needed a different something. But. The cooler weather makes me be itchy to sew! I have a quilt top that i am wantin to finish up for a special young lady. Maybe next week i will work on it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Do you need a warm wintry toboggan for winter chores darlin? One of these or maybe a fav color that you have and would like one it in? I enjoy makin hats. ;).

CaramelKittey and Iluvlilly! like this.
  8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Those are amazing! You do beautiful work!

CaramelKittey and Sfgwife like this.
  9. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Thanks! My crafts have kept me sane for a long time lol! And when my brain wont settle i lick a complicated pattern because then i have to really pay attention. Or at night when we watch tv and my hands dont want to be still i ut them to work. ;)

10. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    Do you sell them?

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. MellonFriend

Those look great! I just learned to cable and I was surprised at how simple it actually was for how professional and complicated it ends up looking. I haven't gotten into making hats yet (my hair isn't very conducive to hats), but now I think I'm going to have to.:D

Where do you get your patterns? Or maybe you don't use a pattern?

13. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Well my hair turns into a "shocking style" lol lol but they sure keep me head warm.

CaramelKittey and Iluvlilly! like this.
  14. MellonFriend

Oh I know what you mean, but it's not only that I get hat hair. It that my hair is so long that I have to have it up whenever I'm working or it gets in my way, usually I have it in a bun. I've taken to wearing warm headbands to at least keep my ears warm.

15. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Ravelry. It is a community online of knitters, crocheters, spinner, weavers etc. loads of free and purchased patterns! LOVE it!

Search panta. It is a nice wide headband. My hair is to my waist. I do both headbands and hats. I do not DO cold lol. It makes my back and neck issues worse for me to be cold. So i am always wearin warmies in winter.

16. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

17. MellonFriend

I was hoping you would say ravelry, because if you didn't I was going to recommend it! I love that sight!

I will definitely have to check out that pattern. Thanks!

18. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    UGH! same.. I think its because im so tense when im outside because im shivering, that my muscles just get so sore.

19. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Ot is ilo by ysolda teague.

MellonFriend likes this.
  20. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    You should set up an etsy shop and sell your yarns/creations!