One of the saddest things I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Oct 18, 2008.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I found this video today on youtube...

*WARNING--VERY GRAPHIC*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7U9GtgG2Q4[/ame]

This is one of the most terrible things I've ever seen...how could anyone do something like this and sleep at night??

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Wow! My computer wasn't cooperating but from what I saw I was devastated.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sad, but unfortunately a reality for too many "commercial" goats, overcrowding and obvious kidding problems, that poor doe in the last frame was much better off.

Please, all members, heed the warning, it is very sad the way these animals are kept, but as I said, it is a reality,

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    The poor things!!!

Those babies look like they're just waiting to die.. can you imagine how hot it probably gets in there in the summer? Whoever owned those goats should be locked up!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Just .............devastating..................made me cry............ :tears:

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    @#$^%&J* people, I really hate people sometimes, I don't understand how somebody could do that :angry:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is really sad. Those poor little babies AND does. What a terrible way to live. I hope people take notice and get that place shut down. How sad.

8. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, I hope so too...places like that should NOT be allowed to exist. Things like this are one of the reasons I do not buy meat/dairy from stores and restaurants anymore...I know there are responsible dairys and meat raisers out there and I want to be guaranteed that my food is coming from one of them.

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh my gosh.... how terrible! :(

10. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    That is so disgusting i nearly puked..
    How could anyone expect them to live in them conditions?! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Whatever happened to that last doe, I am happy for her.. Shes in a better place now
    :pray: Praying that other places like this are burnt down (After the goats are out, of course) :veryangry:

11. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    That was horrible- without sunlight and green pastures-how can you expect them to thrive??? Did anyone see the dairy cows in the same conditions. some of the footage on the right of the page is so graphic-it almost made me pass out!

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    That was horrible, I wish I had never even seen that. I would have had to drop that camera and start helping that doe deliver that baby, although it look to have already been dead. She needed serious help. And then I would have scooped up all those babies. I wouldn't do very well undercover would I. :shrug:
    I just can't understand people sometimes... how can anybody see that and not do a thing about it. Those poor goats. :cry:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I didn't watch the video only because I know how I would react and I would feel sorry for the people here at my work. But from reading all the responses - it reminds me of what was shown on Oprah the other day.

I wish that more people would stand up for the welfare of the animals even if they are "food bound".

14. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    i didn't watch the movie either . .. but I have heard some horror stories about cattle as well.
    It is sad . . . i think it would be much better to raise your own meat, that way you don't have to wonder what happened to it while it was on it's way to the butcher . . . :(

15. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    In that last frame was that her baby next to her?

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I think it was....it is a shame that this type of "management" happens, some people can be so ignorant and cold hearted! :angry:

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

the one good thing of this video is it said off to the side that it was an undercover camera with some animal oreganiztion group. Hopefully they did something about it and it was shut down. I would like to think that if they aired it on youtube. I think more people are becoming aware of how badly some animals are treated.
    beth

18. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    I didn't and couldn't watch that video either. I sadly accept that I can do nothing to change those types of conditions for those poor creatures. (What I did do was run on out to my 3 goats and give 'em an extra treat of horse cookies and carrots.) They were on their way to the abattoir the day I rescued them and I made them a promise that day they would never need to feel stressed again if I had any say in the matter. I guess my philosophy is in keeping with the Serenity Prayer. If I can't do anything to help those poor critters, I'll do what I can for those whose lives I can affect.
    creaturesall magazine is my way of sending out the message that creatures, goats and otherwise, are deserving of respect and consideration. Often more so than many humans populating this planet.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very well said Bob :hug:

20. crazycritters

crazycritters New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    dayton , ohio
    are you sure that was a baby like sticking out of her ??? cause it kind of look like it could have been a prolapsed rectum to me :shrug: but what do I know??