The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh... this morning was 'one of those mornings.'

It was just pure chaotic. First, I fed late. Then I thought I was gonna have to come in the house and cool off before I could continue lol
Naughty, naughties!
First, the 2 wethers, they are good boys, but the kids can NOT keep them in the stall, they pee everywhere and no amount of bedding is good enough. So they both had baths this morning.
So I tied them to the fence, went in and got 2 of the young does on a halter. Well the 3rd & youngest slipped out of the stall started pawing at the grain bucket, and just as I was going to grab it, she gets the lid off, and on the ground about 5lbs. of grain goes...not without a fight to get the 2 older ones back in their stall. OMG.

So I had to clean it up best I could.

I was too mad at the 2 young does for their antics so they got fed after I washed & fed the boys.
Oh let me tell you they drove me nuts, it was the end of the world. They were starving to death <girls that is>.

Oh did I mention the buck was trying his best to mount them as I was trying to get them to their pen.
Good grief boy have a little self control, geesh! Of course the girls were like OMG OMG, but instead of moving they wanted to stop lol

The youngest was almost as bad as the oldest 2. So I feed her on the back porch and she was trying to pick through the grain.
So finally I said heck with that, and made her eat with the 2 bigger does.

Of course those 2 are bullies and lean on each other like crazy, so I had to stand there and make sure they didn't squeeze the life out of the youngest one lol

Went back in the wethers pen to give them water, and Rudy <my son's wether> gave me kisses, rubbed on me, tried to take my hat lol He knows how to make you feel better ;)

I was dripping sweat when I got back in, had to hose myself off in the bathroom!

Don't you just love those kind of days? Whew.

For now on, if all the young goats need to be in the barn at night, my kids are getting up early and taking them to their pens!
I feel like I've been run through a warzone.

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Well tomorrow should be better. If it's not raining at 6am, then out of the barn those goats go - before my kids go to school lol

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to take the young does through the main pen to get to their pen. The buck really has his eyes on the young spotted doe!
Eventually he'll be separated once we know all the does he is with are bred, but we need to rebuild the pen and build a permanent shelter before we do.
So much to do, can't wait to get started!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Sound about how yesterday evening was for me, lol. It would be a looong story if I typed it all out, but it was something like that. :rolleyes: oh, these goats k ow how to make life hard, don't they? Makes me tired just remembering. :)

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOl yep Sarah I agree they know how to make our lives hard at times. But we end up loving them more for it don't we?

I really can't wait until we redo the back pen and build the shelter, then it will be easier in the mornings <I hope>. Girls could just stay in the back pen until it's time to separate the buck from the adult does.

Any how, it's 10:21am here, late for feeding, but wanted to wait for the sprinkle/rain chances to diminish so I can get them out of the barn & feed <they have hay, they won't die getting their grain late lol>.
Sun is starting to come out, so here I go. Praying for a better outcome LOL

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Whew, yeah today we definitely one of those mornings! And it's upper humid and hot here, yuk. It tool me an hour and a half to do the chores this morning (usually takes 20 to 30'minutes) cause they were all being difficult, and I kept spilling things and such. Bleeeaaah!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts