One perfect spring day

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dvfreelancer, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I shot some video for the home tour of our place today, the weather and light were perfect. Now that the days are longer the team has more time to lounge. Today was the perfect day to just loll around and enjoy a nap in the sun.

Hey, it's tough work digesting all that food. :sleeping:

One of the yearlings fell asleep and the rest of the herd wandered off. She woke up and panicked when she realized the others were gone. She started hollering, you would have thought she was being attacked by a pack of coyotes. They pound the snot out of one another at the grain pan but apparently a dysfunctional family is better than none at all in the mind of a goat.

Attached Files:

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    hahaha... so true. Mine do that when they get separated from the herd too! Cute pictures. :)

3. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Yep, lose sight of the herd and stand there and beller while the others totally ignore her. They could at least ANSWER and she would know which direction they went. It doesn't do any good for me to yell in English "we're over here", I have to yell it in "goat". Baaaaaaaa and that gets their attn. Sillies.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :laugh:

Great pics ....they look very at ease.... :thumb: :greengrin:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :love: they look so happy and content

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    All that space to roam and they hang around the porch and lounge. <lol> Nice looking herd of goaties.

Deb Mc

7. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Their usual base of operations is under the shady tree down by the lake. In the morning they wander over to the hay shelter for grain, then down to the lake for a drink. After that they usually wander around to the north side and the back woods until it starts getting warm, then back to the shade to chew cud while the first load settles. When they have more room in the hopper, they wander around to the south side and graze there a while.

That's pretty much the pattern all day. In the summer I only give them hay on rainy days so they don't have to graze in the rain.

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Very nice day, place, and pics. :) Waiting for my trees to be in full leaves and look like yours. :greengrin: