The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Laura, and I'm new to this forum. I am currently attempting to put together an Online Goat Show.

Why an Online Goat Show, you might ask, why not just go to a live show? Some goat owners don't have many, if any, goat shows in their area. Also, some would like experience having their goats judged in a less intimidating environment than in the show ring. They also might be new to goats, and don't have goat mentors in their area to give opinions on goats they have purchased. They are interested in learning, if they understand the conformation requirements of the breed they chose to raise, and did they select their purchases correctly.

I am looking for people who are willing to be committed judges for the show. So far these are the breeds/types of goats that will most likely be in the show.

Alpine
LaMancha
Nigerian Dwarf
Nubian>>>>> Chelsea/Spring Hill Farm
Oberhasli
Pygmy>>>>> Denise/City Lights Pygmy Goats
Saanen
Sable
Toggenburg
Kinder
Myotonic
Boer
Kiko
Angora
Cashmere
Pygora

If you would like to be judge, or know someone who would, please email with Online Show in the Subject at: [email protected]
Please let me know if you are an official judge, or if you have many years of experience, and what breed/type you would like to judge. Your farm, website, and any sales would be prominently featured on the show site in recognition of your judging services.

Thank you :)
Laura

ETA: These will be included in the show too

Crossbreds
Recorded grades
Mini-
Alpine
LaMancha
Nubian
Oberhasli
Saanen/Sable
Toggenburg

The minis will be grouped together.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here it is, here it is!

The url for Goat For It Extravaganza is http://onlinegoatshow.blogspot.com

I used onlinegoatshow because it's easy to remember, shorter to type, and will go from year to year and we can still change the actual name of the show.

I hope you don't mind blogspot, I've become comfortable with it , and they don't seem to have many tech. issues.

Thank you Shell-you rock. Awesome Sammy & Matt!

Here we "Goat" For It! Now go take a peek.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have opened the show for Pygmy entries!

Remember now, Pygmy entries only.

This is gonna be a ton of fun!

·
Banned
849 Posts
I am an amateur goat owner and am not remotely qualified to be a judge. However, I would like to enter my goat in the show. However, my goat is an Alpine/Nubian cross and there does not appear to be a crossbred category. Do you think it might be added?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Nanno. Please check back occasionally, here or on the site, http://onlinegoatshow.blogspot.com for the date to submit your entry for that category. Thank goodness you asked, because I forgot to update the original list. These will be included too:

Crossbreds
Recorded grades
Mini-
Alpine
LaMancha
Nubian
Oberhasli
Saanen/Sable
Toggenburg

The minis will be grouped together.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nubian entries only! :wink: See show site for additional information.

When submitting pictures, please include the following information:

You may want to copy and paste this part below directly in your email and that way you'll be sure to complete all the information.

What breed of goat it is.
Male or female goat. Buck or wether, if applicable.
The age of the goat. Freshened or has not, if applicable.
The complete name of the goat.
Registered or non-registered.
Owner name and the name of the farm.

Then, simply attach pictures (see show site for angles) to the email and voila that's your entry.

Entry email: [email protected] Put Show Entry in the Subject.
http://onlinegoatshow.blogspot.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.