online magazine

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dragonfly farms, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)
  3. Bunch of animals

4. Goats only

1. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    Well after our quest for goat magazines we have been thinking of publishing our own. I am more interested in doing a mixture of animals (chickens, goats, sheep etc) While DH thinks I should just do goats, but that is another issue all together. When i looked into publication costs I had thought maybe if we did an online magazine. I am wondering if people would be interested in that. I could send out a password protected PDF to subscribers. There would still be advertisements, pictures, etc. People could then save it and read it from them computer or print it out. What do you think? Would you subscribe to an online magazine? Also, if you could choose what type of animals you would be interested in we would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
  2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I would consider it. And you would need writers too . . . :wink: I used to write quite a bit, I could be willing to write some articles, seeing as I usually have time again now. :)

As for critters, I think a general hobby farm magazine? Small farm critters, like poultry, sheep, goats, bees, and maybe some stuff on gardening? That would offer a little bit to everyone.

Jeez, I'm already thinking about writing articles LOL.

Let me know how this goes. :)

3. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    I figured it would be less stressful for me to find topics if i did not limit my self so small.

and yes, I will be looking for people to help with the articles!
  4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I am open. Sounds very interesting, and I dabble in writing as well. :)
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    just bumping this up for yah
  6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I would say bunch of animals. I love goats, but I know how hard it can be to find to write about one subject. And I love chickens as well as goats. There are other people who are interested in other animals as well as goats. I'd stick with livestock though of course.
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I also say a bunch of animals , because... I also have dogs.. a cat and chickens.... :greengrin: