Ooooh! Husband screwed up....

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bbredmom, Nov 26, 2008.

1. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    And put Rosie in with Butch! I cam home to her hunching and oozing, and Butch looking content. When I asked him, why, why did you put them together after I've been so careful to keep them apart, do you know what he said!

"she didn't look like she was in the mood, so I thought it would be ok...." :GAAH:

*sigh* Its only been Four weeks since JJ was born. If she did catch, I hope it will be ok.

*double sigh* Stupid husband.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Husbands, not referring to all, but they do not have common sense when it comes to this stuff. They just think of ....ummmm.... Football, beer, trucks, you know "manly" stuff. Us women - we think of every possible scenerio under the sun! LOL!

Write down the date and check her in 18-22 days to see if she is in heat again or not!!! Might have some more babies in a few months!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Like ...Allison said ...check her in 18 to 22 days...to see if she cycles.....

4. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Common sense? In a man? Please.

If she is preggers, will she be ok? She's gained back all her weight, and is quite a stout Goat.

OOOoooooooh, I'm so irritated!

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I understand your frustration....Maybe you can ask your vet for the shot( I can't remember the name)... to make her abort ...just in case she is...... with her nursing kids ...and if she is pregnant .....she will get drained.......and her body condition will be tested....
    It is possible though... for her to be OK ....but ...if it were me.... I'd rather not have her preggo.... now .... ...and that soon..... :(

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Lutalyse (sp?)

And, I'll have you know, my common sense hasn't left me yet! Lol.

7. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Well, she's not nursing anymore. JJ was killed two weeks ago by my german sheperd dog.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm sorry,,,I know how frustrating those kind of things can be!! :GAAH: She should be just fine, it will wear her out, but she should be just fine. Just make sure when she kids that she gets a nice long break.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    than you ...Amos... :)

I am so sorry for your loss.. :( ...if you....do not want her to carry it...you can get the Lutalyse...if you do ....then like ...Kylee said..... it will wear on her......but ...she will make it through .....it is up to you.... :wink:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Is there a story behind this that I am missing? Like was she ill or something?

Or is it just that you dont normally breed them so soon after kidding.

If that is all it is, rest assured she will be fine if you decide to maintain the pregnancy. We routinely expose our Boer does to the buck 4 wks after kidding, and our best does join and give us two kiddings a year.

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Keren :) Over here, most small 'operations' typically only breed or join, whichever you wanna call it, once a year, instead of two. Actually, the Boer farm where you work/own (can't remember) is the only place I've heard of breeding that much, then again, I don't know of many large scale goat farms.

Oh, also, if the doe is a milking doe, it is in milk for a longer time, than Boers I would think. over here, as far as I know, people dry their milkers off before they breed them again, or atleast a good while before they kid.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am a boer breeder ....and I like to breed only once a year....the reason is ....the does don't get warn out as much ....and will live longer lives.....as well... :)

13. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    We breed sometimes twice a year for our younger does, but only if they are in great shape and after the kids are weaned, and she has dried up. We don't do it back to back- Bbredmom- I think she will be OK with it if she is not too old . it is your descision though. Good luck!! :) Husbands- :shrug: :hair: :shrug:

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    bbredmom...if you are milking her you can continue to do so as long as it doesn't seem to be causing an issue with her maintaining her condition, if you feel that she's getting worn down, dry her off......cut out the grain and just feed hay and have minerals and water out....9/10 if she allowed him to mount her she was ready....but just in case, make sure you look for a heat in 18-23 days, if she doesn't come back in, at least you'll have a due date....and 5 months to get a secure area ready. She'll be fine :hug:

15. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks everyone, I feel better.

I think she will be ok. I've let her dry up, I wasn't going to milk her this time anyway since she was a FF. I just get so aggrivated that he doesn' listen to me. I take care of the animals 90% of the time. About three days a week he has to put the goats up. Its just laziness on his part that he didn't feel like seperateing the boys from the girls.

*sigh* I'm now on heat watch!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome...glad we could help.....I will pray,, that she will come into season again ,,,if you don't want her preggo.... :pray: good luck... :hug:

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    seems like you made your decision already but I wanted to say that of course it isnt ideal but your doe wont die from it.

I know that sounds slighty harsh but I figured it was true and to the point.

Take care of her like you would any other pregnant goat with maybe some extra attention for anything that might go out of wack especially near the end of her pregnancy (vitamine or mineral wise) but i doubt you will have any issues.

Sounds like you and I will have kids around the same time -- I have one doe being bred right now and another who will visit the buck come Sunday

18. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    OIC now.

Good luck with it all :)