·
Registered
30,656 Posts
you picked well..she is adorable!! Congrats :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just playing with her and found a round lump on her neck about the size of a dime maybe a nickel. I emailed the lady to try to find out if maybe she gave her a cdt shot in her neck and hoping maybe that's the cause of it, but now its like pulling teeth to get an answer out of her. Do some people give cdt vaccines in he neck or is there any thing that could cause it. I've never seen a Cl lump before and have no clue if that could be what it is. Can baby goats have CL lumps?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Some people do give CDT shots in the neck.
Where in the neck is the lump? If it's the back of the neck that is not a spot for CL. NO lymph nodes back there.

Also it is very rare for a goat under 6 mos to have CL.

Abscesses are caused by all kinds of things. Shots, splinters, bug bites. One of mine has a lump from a CDT shot and right above it a nasty bug bite. Bugs are horrible this year.\

Wanna share a photo?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
That's not a CL location on the back of her neck. It is a typical CDT shot location. But it could also be a nasty bug bite. Keep an eye on it and it should go down by itself. My goat recently had a bug bite under its eye that looked similar to that. It changed colors but never changed size and then flaked off and went away though it took weeks to do so.

If it bursts and oozes pus by all means test it but I'd be really surprised if it does that. She's so young and it's just not in the right location to be CL

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks :) ill let her out with the others now. She prob thinks I'm crazy...lol I've had her caged up since I found it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts