The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm doing hoof trims and vaccines tomorrow & Saturday. I "thought" the 4 I had last year was vaccinated on Sept 20th. It was August 20th. Can I just give them 1 shot, or do I also have to give them another in 3 weeks... I guess I am glad I write things down, however I'm not sure how to proceed. I have 6 that will need the 2 shots, 2 does I know they were vaccinated before coming here, but I'm not sure of dates on them, so would I need to give them 2 shots too... I just don't want to over do it or under do it either... Thank you:)

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
They only need one. You only give the double shots once. Even if you miss a year, that passive immunity stays and you only give a booster. The ones you don't know the dates on, only need one. Their bodies have already been taught to recognize the bacteria.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They only need one. You only give the double shots once. Even if you miss a year, that passive immunity stays and you only give a booster. The ones you don't know the dates on, only need one. Their bodies have already been taught to recognize the bacteria.
Thank you Goathiker:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts