Oops

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by keren, Feb 17, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Just realised that the angora buck bred the 6 mth old Saanen x Boer

:doh:

2. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    OOHHH...a fuzzy multi-purpose in the works.... ;)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh...

is she big enough to carry babies?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    OH no... :shocked: ...as Katrina said... how is her size?

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Do you know because she is showing? I hope she will be ok. She will be 11 months when she delivers.

6. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    If she is a Saanen/Boer cross....she should be big enough to carry. Angoras are fine boned aren't they? How much does she weight?

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I'm more worried about what on earth the oops kid is going to look like LOL

Ok the details ...

she was only just bred two days ago. I'm in the middle of a bit of a family crisis, have had to move all my goats to a different property, one that really didnt have the room but thankfully they made room to fit them. Anyway, I put the angora buck in with this dairy kid for one night only ... thinking that there was no way she would be big enough to be cycling and he didnt show any interest in her, its pretty early for mating season here anyway ... I know, I know, I should have known better.

Anyway, she is discharging quite obviously so I am confident he bred her ...

The thought did cross my mind to PG her to abort the kid but the owner of the kid would prefer not to.

She should be fine - she's a big enough goat - I would put her at about 35kg, so provided she is kept on a steady nutrition plan to allow her to continue to grow during her pregnancy, she should be just fine.

Im just really wondering what on earth the kids are going to look like LOL

8. I think everyone has had or will have a situation that could turn out like this. If it is not meant to be, maybe she will not take. If so, well looks like it will be in God's hands and a very exsperianced diliverer, if that is a word. hehe