The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently 3 children have come to live with me, one of which apparently loves powdered milk. So last Wednesday I made him some powdered milk in an old ice tea pitcher (the tea maker broke). Thursday he got sick with a stomach bug and was on a liquid diet until Monday. In the mean time, our diary doe apparently gave her kid the boot and on Sunday suddenly started giving us a quart of milk twice a day. Before I was getting about10 ounces in the evening which I fed to an abandoned kid. I am out of pitchers so I grabbed the pitcher belonging to my new ice tea maker. This morning I realized yesterday I absent mindedly poured the goat milk into the old tea pitcher with the powdered milk. Now the child who loves powdered milk won't touch it because it has raw goat's milk in it too and no one else will drink it because it has powdered milk in it. I have a lot of this stuff. Do I just dump it or what?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Use it in your garden. Dilute it a bit with water. Tomatoes especially appreciate the extra calcium. And raw milk is excellent for building a healthy soil web.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
boil it up in a pudding or a custard, or make French toast or bread pudding with it, Freeze it in ice cube trays and then put the cubes in baggies and drop a few in things you need a little milk in like gravy from time to time, or pour it in your bath and have an old fashioned milk bath, or do what Serenity Woods said and use it in your garden. I don't know why I suddenly have italics ignore that I will figure it out later. LOL

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the garden idea. As for pudding, forget it. We once tried making tapioca pudding with powdered milk and it was a disaster. Tasted horrible and never did thicken up. Even though the powdered milk is mixed with whole raw goats milk, I would not trust it for making pudding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts