The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,499 Posts
It is hard to kill something to eat it but it is real- steaks aren't born is plastic wrap- the least I can do is see that it is well treated with a good quality of life before they go.
I used to drive down I5 and pass a huge (1000 acre?) feed lot- the stink was there miles before you got there. There were hundends of cattle standing in their own piles of manure in small paddock- sometimes you saw a steer literally standing on top a twenty foot high pile of manure. No grass for miles.
I decided that, since I couldn't manage being a vegetarian, I should at least see that they enjoyed what time they had .
So I learned to eat what I could grow well. I wish I had the courage to do my own butchering but I don't. I have a lot of respect for those who can.
Next I suppose is eggs- but I don't know if I can deal with a flock of retired chickens. Animals who produce for me have a retirement plan- I keep them healthy and happy til a natural death.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.