Opininions on Domino's Udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by cyanne, Aug 29, 2009.

1. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

This is my unregistered Nigi, Domino's, first freshening. Her kids are almost 3 weeks old so I decided to start penning them up at night and milking her in the morning before putting them all back together for the day. I just pulled her kids off for the first time last night and brought her out to milk this morning. and WOW! I can't believe the size of her udder! It is twice the size of her twin sister's FF udder, dnd, while I'm far from an expert on these things, from what I do know, it looks awesome...so I figured I would put it out there to see what more experienced eyes could see for me.

I will say that my only complaint with it is that her teat size is on the small size (well, I should say that I have one other complaint...that she is unregistered so I can't show her!). They are still fairly easy to milk, but definitely not as nice as my registered doe, KitKat...but then her teats are huge and so easy to milk that it isn't really fair to compare the two!

So, what do you guys think?

2. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

Oops, forgot to add this one!

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I think it looks lovely! Needs a more defined medial which would help with the way the teats point though.

I'm still learning so that's my only thought. But I still think it looks great! :thumbup:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    over all very nice -- yup to bad she isnt registered. Teat size can change with freshionings and the length of lactation.

could use a higher rear attachment -- but there is always something to improve in any goat

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks to have a very nice capacity and shape, the teat angle would benefit from a stronger medial and higher rear, the fore looks to be smoothly blended too.....would be able to see that better with a closer trim of the front. :wink:

What was the amount she gave you?

6. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

In that one milking she gave about 3/4 of a quart and that was with me not even milking her out all the way because I wanted to leave plenty for the kids! That is about what my best show doe was giving at each milking when I was milking her out all the way.

I can't wait to get her broken in to the milkstand, though, cuz she is a real stinker about it right now...ugh.

7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    beautiful udder!!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    With that amount, I bet she easily gives you 2 quarts with 2 x a day milkings once her kids are weaned :wink:

9. cyanne

cyanne Senior Member

Yep, I think I could have gotten a quart or more out of her this time if I had milked her out all the way. Again, too bad she isn't registered!