The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few mini nubian bucklings that I would like to get some idea of what I am selling. This year is our first kidding, therefore we haven't had much experience. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
The buckling 2nd to the bottom (paint one) is the best of them all, he has the nicest conformation of the bunch. Very ideal even. Nice length, almost ideal rump, strong topline, good legs, strong pasturns. Nice little buck.
If he is registered I'd price him at $500

The 1st buckling has higher hips than withers, borderline posty rear legs and a slightly steep rump, otherwise he is nice. Has nice brisket, good topline until the hip, nice front end, good depth, strong pasturns.
If registered I'd price him at $300-350 (his hip might level out with his topline. rump isn't too bad, and he would still place well, but he can't be shown with horns)

The 2nd buckling has very high withers, steep rump, weak in the chine, back legs are borderline posty as well, short neck, he has horns. Nice brisket, and front legs though.
If registered I'd price him at $150 max, or wether him and sell him as a pet

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i love the paint!! he is eye catching as well as the best confirmation. th third one mibht look better after he is clipped but he looks wormy to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the comments. The goats will be registered with MDGA. I am going to attach the twin buckling of the paint. Please let me know if you think if you think he maybe a breeder. He ended up with an infection on his ear that ended up eating most of his ear but I am going to keep him.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
He looks to have a fair topline, and a decent rump. I'm not sure about the angle of his rear legs, he is in motion in all the pics, but it looks like he has too much angle. He could use a bit longer neck, and I am not sure how much brisket he has.
Can I see a pic of him set up?
His brother still, for sure, has the best conformation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts