Opinions on buckling

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by trob1, Aug 14, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    This little buck is almost 6 mo and just wanted opinions on how he looks. He is blue eyed and polled and I plan to use him on a few does soon.

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like his sharp withers and he looks to be a good width..I know how the boys are this time of year and having his tail up high and the ridge of hair standing on his back is decieving, but he looks to be level and even rumped...handsome color too! I'd use him!

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Thanks Liz he does seem to be looking good and I can't wait to see his kids.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Kind of an odd angel to judge from but he doesn't look bad. Would be nice to see his shoulders, and neck better. His topline is too misgiving since his dorsel is up from a dominance stance or stressed a little.

5. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    How is his width up front, chest depth and rear angulation? Tight or weak shoulders?
    Also, a lot can be told from the bloodline. How are the udders on both sides? You can have the prettiest boy in the world, but if he can't put on udders, he's not doing his job.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow, he is nice! And at only 6 months he's looking really good. Blue eyes and polled...I've always wanted one! Very nice! :drool: