Opinions on my registered boer buck

Discussion in 'Bucks' started by Mulberry Creek Farm, Jan 9, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

1. Mulberry Creek Farm

Mulberry Creek Farm New Member

Saturday
    Salina Kansas
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the goat spot and fairly new to goats. Just started last March and currently have 23 boer goats. Thirteen does, eight nice young doelings, a seven month old buckling and a three year old registered buck. Twelve does will kid in the next month or so. I'm just wanting some general opinions on my buck. I think he's really nice but I don't have much experience in what to look for. I think I stole him for $400 though. I actually found him on Craigslist back in July. He hadn't been fed or taken care of very well. He probably weighed around180lbs when we got him and currently tips the scales at 230. Any opinions and comments would be appreciated. We are looking forward for his kids to start hitting the ground. PXL_20201128_223220129.MP~2.jpg

Moers kiko boars likes this.

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    He is nice. The way he is standing its hard to really see his confirmation. The side shot, he is a little thin. But much better than when you bought him for sure. I cant really see if he isbroad chested or narrow. From what I can see the price you bought him for was cheap.

3. Mulberry Creek Farm

Saturday
    Salina Kansas
    Thank you for your response. Here are a few pics that perhaps give a better view of his width and overall confirmation

4. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
  5. Mulberry Creek Farm

Saturday
    Salina Kansas
    He does have a very good disposition even when he's with girls in heat he is no problem at all. I can be in the pen with him and my grandkids and not have to worry. Hopefully he'll pass that on to his offspring.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes thankyou. He does have nice width. I think the gentleness is worth more than gold. Please be cautious..at 4 yrs old most bucks change. I dont know why..they just do. He may be sweet..but please dont drop your guard.
    He has width, nice spring of rib. Nice sho ulder. To me you got alot more buck than the price you paid.

Mulberry Creek Farm likes this.