Opinions on possible purchase of these two does.

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Dec 20, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am curious what you all think -

I am thinking about purchasing these two does. Both are bred by a blue eyed AGS/ADGA buck.

I am attaching the does pics, pics of their 2007 babies, and their pedigree. Please tell me what you think.

Willow was a first time freshner with triplets and Susie was a second time freshner with twins first time, and trips this time.

Thanks - I kinda need to know now, as it is a good deal with one doe back from each of the girls if I purchase them together.

Susie Q - Doe to possibly purchase
    [​IMG]

Willow - Doe to possibly purchase
    [​IMG]

Triplets from first freshner Willow in '07
    [​IMG]

Susie Q '07 buckling
    [​IMG]

Susie Q '07 Doeling
    [​IMG]

Susie Q '07 Doeling
    [​IMG]

Willow's pedigree is found at http://www.geocities.com/wl7cka/Sandy_H ... ow_Way.htm

Susie Q's pedigree is found at http://www.geocities.com/wl7cka/SusieQ.htm

Thank you all in advance.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    i am not sure which goats are the ones you are looking at. there are several with no identification by you on who they are etc. that would help

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    those kids are gorgeous but I don't know anything about dairy goats...I think I would get them though

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    When you click on the picture it has a distinction on who is who in the pic. I am sorry, I didn't realize that the text I typed for each pic did not show till trhe pic was opened :)

The very first pic is Susie Q - The second pic is Willow. These are the two that I am looking at to purchase. the other pics are the babies from these girls this year.

I am going to go in and edit the original post to denote them all better.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would say YES!!! They have really nice pedigrees!

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Let me say it again.... AWESOME pedigrees. VERY nice lines. I absoulutly LOVE Buckweat Honey. Are the two does sisters? Or did you accidently post the same ped twice??

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I accidently posted it twice - I will fix it right now!!!!

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Love Susie Q's as well! Midsummersnitedream is absoulutly gorgeous. I would say you can't go wrong with those genetics!

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now it is coming up with the money!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    And at Christmas time - OUCH!

I would just hate to pass up this deal!!!!!!!

I just spoke to the owner, and she said that Susie Q is an awesome milker also, and that she did not milk Willow.

12. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    FSJHFKJHSF I was going to buy them. Hahah that's so funny. Maybe you'll sell me/trade me one of their babies. Since my mom says "NO MORE ADULT GOATS!.... yet"

Good luck and I'd say yes get them. They are really sweet and their owner says their easy milkers.

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Actually both have nice pedigrees. Can't tell much about Suzy Q's confirmation in that picture, but Willow is very nice. Sounds like a good deal to me!

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sara,

If you can - give me a call. I will PM you my phone number. I was thinking about something.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If it were me, I'd say get them!! I love the gold color on the second doe and the first looks good too. Awesome pedigrees, good kidding history, is hubby on board with you or will it be a surprise...lol :p

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hubby knows NOTHING!!!! - :twisted: :ROFL: :twisted: :ROFL:

I am not saying anything till I know for sure. He said that if I "swap" out then I am ok - meaning I have to sell 2 to bring 2 home. But if they are prego already - oooops sorry hunny - LOL~

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    who are you going to sell? I can't think of selling anyone so I am "stuck" with the number I have.

My mom put the limit at 2 - lol

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would like to sell one of my wethers - if not 2, as I have 4 - but the other two I would never get rid of as they are my new ones.

I really only want to get rid of the 1 wether and the doe that I was asking if she was prego the other day. She is not friendly, and not registered. She would make a good clearing pet goat or a friend to another goat.

I would also mabey part with the caramel colored pygmy.

Right now the only registered goats that I have are the 2 bucks. I need some does badly.

As much as I don't want to get rid of Daisy, the one that is due anyday, I may let her go back to her previous owner, as she really would like her back. So, we will see.

I wish I could just keep adding goats and not get rid of any! LOL!