The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions on Premier's drive by single sided feeder?
Hubby and I are thinking of building this feeder because it would also double as a divider between the goat area and future hay storage area in the goat house. I like the idea that you can also feed grain in it so it saves space and I will be able to feed hay and grain from inside of the storage area and not be trampled on like I am now.
Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
404 Posts
Those look nice! Do you mean you would use it a s a wall? So you could feed from the outside of the pen? I'd love to see pictures of them in use when you finish. Great idea!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Those look nice! Do you mean you would use it a s a wall? So you could feed from the outside of the pen? I'd love to see pictures of them in use when you finish. Great idea!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are going to buy the materials today and start working on it. I will try to post pictures when we are done. Yes, it will also be a short wall to divide off a hay storage area and I will feed from inside the storage area.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
We built something similar to that and I really liked it, but the only thing I didn't like is that part where you are supposed to put the grain, be sure to make it so that no goats/kids can jump there or sleep there. Our goats always slept on that ledge and it was always a mess when it came time to clean the feeders out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts