Opinions on Premier's Hay/Grain Feeder

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by JamieRuth, Jan 11, 2008.

1. JamieRuth

JamieRuth New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Bloomfield, KY
    Does anyone have any opinions on Premier's drive by single sided feeder?
    Hubby and I are thinking of building this feeder because it would also double as a divider between the goat area and future hay storage area in the goat house. I like the idea that you can also feed grain in it so it saves space and I will be able to feed hay and grain from inside of the storage area and not be trampled on like I am now.
    Thanks,
    Jamie

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    never seen it - but it sounds awesome

3. JamieRuth

JamieRuth New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Bloomfield, KY
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they look rather cool. Nice idea

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    In my opinion, they would work wonderfully!!!

6. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Those look nice! Do you mean you would use it a s a wall? So you could feed from the outside of the pen? I'd love to see pictures of them in use when you finish. Great idea!

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Those look nice! Do you mean you would use it a s a wall? So you could feed from the outside of the pen? I'd love to see pictures of them in use when you finish. Great idea!

8. JamieRuth

JamieRuth New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Bloomfield, KY
    We are going to buy the materials today and start working on it. I will try to post pictures when we are done. Yes, it will also be a short wall to divide off a hay storage area and I will feed from inside the storage area.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We built something similar to that and I really liked it, but the only thing I didn't like is that part where you are supposed to put the grain, be sure to make it so that no goats/kids can jump there or sleep there. Our goats always slept on that ledge and it was always a mess when it came time to clean the feeders out.