The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, he's not clipped (or bathed), he's not set up, and there wasn't a professional photographer behind the camera. However, in the interest of having more experienced evaluations than my own, lets hear the good, the bad, and the ugly on this buck (or at least as best you can tell). He's a March 2011 model. .

Attachments

·
2,377 Posts
He is a nice looking buck.. He looks so much like our past buck that we had. He looks really good. Where did you get him from?

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I can tell you the good, but I will can't see much of anything bad or ugly!

Pros-
*Straight topline
*Good length of body
*Wide through the chest
*Wide across the top and hindquarters
*Deep and capacious
*Nice round rump
*Plenty of bone!
*Strong legs
*Deep twist
*Good horn set and bite
*Great muscling
*Handsome roman rose and a very Boer face

Cons-
*Dips a little in the chine
*Needs more rear leg angulation

This is a fine boy right here. It is my personal opinion that you should be very proud to own him! Love his uniformity and how he excels in all areas (including peeing on his legs- you gotta know he's doing his job ;) ). He's lovely to look at as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Very nice. Love the power and depth of twist. Pretty good top to bottom. Would like to see a little more turn to his rib, but overall a very nice buck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! We've thought he was pretty nice, but then we're kinda biased. I keep threatening to clean him up and take him to a show, but I don't think he's quite that nice (and honestly it seems like way too much effort most weekends).

We've been trying to decide whether or not to keep him for another year, as we've now got FOUR bucks in the Bunga Bunga pen, which is about three too many. He's now related to a good 75% of the herd, so he's the logical choice to sell, but he's an awfully sweet, laid back boy and I hate to see him go too. We'll see what happens.

·
2,377 Posts
I think he looks great. I see a lot of fat goats and because of that it made me think he was a bit skinny. BUT it is me who is wrong in liking the look of a fat goat. I am trying so hard to get our goats thinned down before breeding season and it is near impossible with all the acorns they keep eating. Too many fat ones out there that have it coming off the neck in rolls. He looks great. truly looked like our old buck so much that I had to really study his markings well and horns. Our buck was shorter bodied. You have a great buck there.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
What does his pedigree look like?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Let me know if you ever decide to sell him. I could use a butt like that! LOL

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it just me or will his pedigree not come up for anyone else? Hmm, not working for me with that #!?

Sounds like he has great lines though! :)
We haven't paid our ABGA dues yet this year, but I don't think that should affect your ability to bring him up!

10550491- I was able to bring it up just now, I've always just used the "animal inquiries" under the online tab on the home page of the website. Not sure why it's not working for you guys. :(

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Hmmm, still not working for me?! I wonder what I am doing wrong.. I go to the animal inquiries and put his # were it says to and then it says "animal #10550491 is not registered online" or something close to that. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts