Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by all1965, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Kiera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blossom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Daisy

14.3%
  4. Bluebelle

85.7%
  1. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Ok I am having a dilemma. I need to sell at least 2 does but I can't choose.
    Anyone who is willing, will you go to my website at http://www.titanfarmsfaintinggoats.com and look at the Sr. Doe page.
    Out of these does, Kiera, Daisy, Bluebelle, and Blossom, which 2 would you sell?
    I'm leaning towards Bluebelle and Blossom. I need does who have good length, width and muscling. Fainters are a meat breed but none of mine are huge like Boers.
    Also, take a look at my For Sale page. There is a doeling namned Cinnabun at the bottom of the page. Would you keep her?

If you want to read the breed standards you can go to http://www.myotonicgoatregistry.net and they have them listed there.

2. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hit the wrong one! I ment Kiera not Blossom. I actually like Blossom

But it is more what they throw. If Kiera throws correct kids more so then Blossom etc you of course will want ot keep her.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i say kiera and daisy. those two don't seem to have quite the muscling i would expect a meat breed to have. but its like stacey said, if one throws better kids thats what matters

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i would keep that jr doe, she looks like she''s going to grow pretty nice

6. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Ok, Kiera's daughter is Cinnabun, the 1 doeling I am debating on keeping, she is under the For sale page
    Blossoms 1 daugher is under Jr. Doelings and her name is Lily and her other doeling is under Sold and her name is Rose.
    Daisy's daugter is under Sold and her name is April
    Bluebelles son is Houdini and he is under for sale

That way you can get an idea of what their kids look like.

That surprises me about Daisy. I think she is one of my most musclar does, but I don't know.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would sell Kiera and keep Cinnabun

As to Daisy -- yes she looks muscular. I think it is hard because people see how undairy like she is and I know I have a hard time separating how a dairy goat should look as opposed to what your fainters look like.

8. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Thanks for all ya'll opinions.
    This is a hard decision for me but I have to cut back a bit.

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she looks dairy over her top, the two does i liked have really meaty tops

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i love blossom's doe! she's so pretty, and meaty. i hope my boerss throw kids like that!

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    All of your goats are very pretty but I think your best interest would be to sell Kiera and Daisy.That is your decision though.

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I like Blossom and Bluebelle. They look like solid does. Keira is very dairy in her looks actually. Daisy was my second choice out of the ones mentioned. Good luck whatever you choose. I know how hard it can be to judge your own animals when you have personal opinions on each animal so its hard to get an unbias opinion from yourself. Good luck!

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I like Bluebell and Blossom too. I am harder on my own animals then other's animals. Good luck with whatever you choose.

14. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Well I have decided to sell Daisy and Kiera.
    Thanks for all ya'll help