Opps babies!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kritterkeeper, Oct 26, 2012.

1. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    Well I learned never think you have it all figured out.. I went out this morning to find my mixed buck in with the does... ( I am not all about pure breeds but I have two pure breed ND and one pure breed ND buck so I was thinking make sure at least I had a couple pure breed babies.. )

Not happy... but hay who said life is going to go as WE want it to.. I was going to breed in Dec for May babies now I could have March babies.. I live in Michigan and it is Cold and Rainy or Snowy still them... :(

OH well live and learn and try to do better.. needless to say we will be adding so more boards to the pen the boys are in our a hot wire that would stop them...

2. KarmakeeFarm

KarmakeeFarm New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Sneaky buck!
    I live in MN and having March babes too-My does went into heat early this year and I had to scramble to find a buck-so all my purebreed papered LaManchas and Alpine were bred to a Nub :]
    At least we will have warm kids to snuggle with! I have heard our winter will be like last year-it was fairly nice
    Good Luck!

3. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    Thank you! I am thinking they will end up bottle babies and in the house with me (hubby will love it) last year for the first time

(after 5 yrs of bottle babies being raised in the house for the first 4 weeks)

we let all the moms take care of them.. but if it is cold they may end up with us in the house and us taking care of them... easier on me then worring about them outside when it is cold...

4. Steph

Steph Senior Member

May 7, 2009
    PA
    You could get Lutelyse from your vet to abort the possible unintentional breedings. I used it on a doe that was about 6 weeks bred. She had a tiny bit of discharge but no ill effects from it.

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, get Lutalyse. It has to be given at least 2 weeks after the breeding happened.

6. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Those goaties like to chose their own lovers, don't they? :laugh: Ah well, there is always next year!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree, if you do not want them to go full term, Lute from a vet can be used.

8. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    I will deal with any babies that come a long... They are sweet and cute.. And I will love them all know matter when they come.. Just mad at myself for letting it happen

9. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    Pictures of Opps babies

Well she had twin on March 22 at 8 am on a very busy day...
    She had a buck and doe
    We are in our 6th year of having babies so all babies name will start with the letter "F" this year

The Mothers name is Beatrice Faith
    so it worked out perfect she had a girl and I got to name her Faith (Black)
    the little boy is Forest (Brown) ..my husband see him and says
    RUN FOREST RUN.. he thinks he is so funny.. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  10. MsScamp

MsScamp New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Wyoming
    Awwwww, they are sooooo cute!

11. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Aaargh they are too cute! At least you knew when your oops breeding happened, and why your oops babies were due. I came home to the first one walking round the paddock. Mum never bagged or had a big belly or nothing. Second doe I could see she was pregnant and it was a guessing game when she was going to kid, and turned into a trainwreck, 2 out of triplets stillborn, mum really sick not sure yet whether she will survive :/