Oregon Oregonians, Washingtonians, or Californianseffected by the fires?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by CottonwoodBoerGoats, Sep 8, 2020.

1. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Has anyone had to evacuate because of fires in the PNW? Im not in the line of Fire but the sky is burning orange here though. Say a prayer for the Pacific Northwest today.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Pepper, HMNS, MadHouse and 1 other person like this.
  2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Jessica84..is in the line of Fire. Her hubby is a FIREFIGHTER! SEND HER YOUR PRAYERS PLEASE! So far they are ok. But its been very dangerous for them !

HMNS, GoofyGoat, MadHouse and 5 others like this.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am OK, praying for everyone in danger. :bighug:

HMNS, GoofyGoat, MadHouse and 4 others like this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Im praying for Rain in all of the PNW! I want all this crazy fire to die!

HMNS, MadHouse, Jessica84 and 2 others like this.
  5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. CottonwoodBoerGoats

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Thank you so much :(

7. CottonwoodBoerGoats

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    I will for sure! Thanks for letting me know.

8. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Aww thank you guys and thank you so much Moers for being a good friend and staying on top of checking on me.
    I am going off very little sleep at the moment and am forcing myself to stay awake because I am under a warning evacuation and I have 30-50mph winds pushing the fire towards me tonight and then it will be moving towards my cattle and my parents tomorrow. It’s kinda hard to explain what all is going on being in zombie mode but basically the creek fire in California is out of control and heading in all different directions and making its on weather and wind pattern. It is very unpredictable. If I haven’t confused Moers trying to explain what all is going on here she can fill you in or I will when things calm down. But for the moment me and mine are all safe. I am very grateful at the moment that my dad has ALWAYS insisted that the cattle graze the field around the houses down to the ground before being shipped off and that I have awesome goats that have cleaned up all the trees around here. It gives me a slight piece of mind that if it does hit it won’t be too bad but still worried about falling asleep and waking up to my house on fire. Thank you guys again and stay safe!

9. Llaughingllama

Llaughingllama Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Montana
    Wow! Stay safe! I've been in my share of fires. Have you found a place to take all your critters in case you have to evacuate? :truck:It's really hard because often the first responders often come knocking and tell you to get out NOW! Nasty, nasty fires. Stay safe.
    Here in Montana we got some rain and snow. (Thank you, Canada!) :ty: But we've had nothing but smoke most of the time until this front came through. Got a fire in the area, but not threatened because it's close in terms of Montana, but it's really pretty far away considering.

I've been evacuated once during a big fire when I lived in Colorado, and have been on standby evacuation several times both in Colorado and Montana. Keeping fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated.

10. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh no! Praying for you.

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    :update: On Jessica84. Shes made it through the night. Her parents are to the North moving cattle out of harms way. Jessica84 stated the restaurants were closed due to the fire..so they had to eat Romain noodles....again....lol lol
    Heres a picture her Mom sent..no clouds in this picture... IMG953139.png

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Glad Jessica is safe and her herds. I really hope every one is safe.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. Oliveoil

Oliveoil Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I can't imagine! Praying for you all!

Jessica84 and MadHouse like this.
  15. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Alive and still kicking. Still not out of the woods 100% but it should calm down today. And now that I have gotten some sleep I can fill you in on the crazy past few days.
    My husband got called out at 2am Saturday morning to go to this fire. It was WAY out in the other county. I got up and went to work. I had just gotten off when my mom and dad called and said the fire moved north and jumped the river and was heading towards our cows. The cows are a 3 hour drive on open range in the Forrest. My parents were a 8 hour drive moving the rest of our cattle to water since they were also on another permit on open range. I got home and checked roads and everything was blocked and the fire was flying up the mountain. All I had as helpers were my 2 kids so really nothing I could do about it and couldn’t risk my kids.
    Sunday it seemed to just move mostly south. Monday night the wind shifted to the west and that’s when I got the notice I was under a warning. Me and my sister came up with a plan if it hit her. I am seriously no joke fed to the ground this whole 80 acre field around the houses so I would be ok but was worried about sparks burning the cows and goats or burning their hoofs so filled everything up with water and moved them to smaller pens and started wetting the ground in their pens and the house. My parents also got in the truck at 8pm and headed home.
    Tuesday we got up early hooked up my trailer to their truck and loaded the quad. I figured the quad could at least go faster then a horse and sent them up to the cows. Since it would take all day to make 1 load in a small trailer to bring the cows home then started gathering and hauling them as far as they could away from the fire. When they got there it was just hitting us. We had a few cows, of course the pets, that we had fenced in a meadow and those were what we were mostly worried about. Then I hear on the scanner that there was down power lines on the east side of the fire and a bunch of fire fighters couldn’t get threw. Of course that would have been my husband and brother. That gave me a slight heart attack since they were stuck between the fire and these live power lines. The fire was moving in every direction. They finally got the power cut and they moved him to my side of the fire.
    Yesterday they were expecting it to fly north towards my parents so I kept leaving them texts since they only had one spot of service telling them to get out. They loaded the dumb pets and came out. Since the main road had a bridge that was out they had to off road a bit. They broke the axel of their trailer they had up there so unloaded my quad and put in the back of their truck. They ended up breaking the springs on my trailer and I said I’ll figure it out later just limp down.
    Today the fire is supposed to be a lot more calm, why I actually got some sleep. Keith (husband) is still on the fire and they are not expecting full containment until October 15th. But we are getting some humidity now and the temps are dropping so hopefully they get a handle on it soon. At some point we need to get those cows out.
    The family that runs cattle to the south of us it hit her hard. She also owns a store by the lame it blew over and she lost the store, all her trucks and trailers and she has no idea how many head of cattle.
    The guy below her it actually burned about 5 maybe 6 years ago so it was just brush and so far he can only find 18 of his 200 pair. So we are very lucky at the moment. Where they took the cows and put the salt (cows follow the salt) it is all rock, so as long as we have smart cows they SHOULD be ok.
    We all knew it would happen one year we just always hope this isn’t going to be the year.

16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh no. I am praying that you cattle survive, even just barely. There will always be a time when God sends down his hands and takes without reason, but he always leaves you with a way out. I pray your husband and brother are safe. May God keep jis jands ovee you.

17. CottonwoodBoerGoats

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    I cannot even imagine! I’m praying for your safety!

18. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Praying for you. Wish we could help

19. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh im so sorry. Prayers sent! Wasnt the fire started because of a gender reveal party???

20. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Continued prayers for you and your family.