Oregon Oregonians, Washingtonians, or Californianseffected by the fires?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by CottonwoodBoerGoats, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I really hope that you are all safe. Two legged, four legged and feathered

2. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Stay safe, please! Praying for you and everyone. Looked at a map and the only western state that has no fires is South Dakota.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Glad you guys are ok! Hope you get some moisture soon!

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Still alive and kicking here. Just watching maps every day to see what is going on and waiting for the fire to burn up the road (not as in no more road but as in finish going north) so we can get up there. If the map is correct we are about half way burned on our range. We are supposed to get nightly winds that are about 30mph until I think Friday night. So far it’s been fairly slowly creeping along which is good because it will give the cows time to move but that could change. I’m really hoping they are wrong and it doesn’t change. The sitting and waiting to see what is going on is the worse.
    So that’s the update for now

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    @toth boer goats How are you doing in this wreck of a fire mess? Youve not said. Please let us know.

7. goodenuff

goodenuff Active Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    I live in Idaho in a valley and all of the California, Oregon, Washington, and Woodhead Fire smoke is sitting right here, so you can imagine how Smokey it is. The goats don’t seem to mind the smoke at all, and I’ve been watching them closely. It’s like they don’t even notice the smoke is there!

8. Buck Naked Boers

Buck Naked Boers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello Friends!

Sorry, I haven’t been really responding to anything on goatspot for awhile. So I apologize if anyone posted on a thread of ours. I may not be able to respond to this post either.

I saw this thread in the email goat spot sends out and thought I should share what’s been going on in our part of the PNW in Oregon.

Our lives were turned a bit upside down last week. We were level 3 ‘go now’ evacuation last Wednesday. We are 2 miles from the fire line.

Long story...but because of lack of fire fighters apparently in our state our community stepped up. We have a Mennonite community near us a other community folk who stepped up and fought this fire line near us. They held the fire line. Very thankful for our neighbors!!

This photo below is what our property looks like now. We are still in level 3 evacuation but our house is still standing and we are staying with family. Our goats are being boarded at a FFA program about 25 miles away. They are doing ok. We are doing ok. We are so thankful for so many many blessings right now. Many people in our state and community have lost homes...even family. Our hearts break for those people.

This photo was taken this morning....
    45FD271B-F8AD-44E0-A724-9C225E7A0DC3.jpeg

This is a photo of the fire early on....
    29679062-70A5-4139-BEE5-287168307A65.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  9. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Hope all is well with Jessica’s farm and anyone else in fires way right now. Almost the whole state of Oregon has smoke right now. That’s how bad these fires are. They have a lot of fire fighters finally hitting the fire nearest our home. So that’s good. But our governor really seemed to drop the ball. I don’t think she asked for help soon enough!!

Hope everyone on the forum is ok! I didn’t read all the posts.

10. Caileigh Jane Smith

Caileigh Jane Smith Active Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Missouri, USA
    I have just been praying for everyone in the path of these fires. Looking at the fire maps is unreal! I'm glad @Buck Naked Boers and @Jessica84 are safe!

11. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
  12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad you are ok.

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    @Buck Naked Boers ..So HAPPY to hear from you. Im so sorry youve had to experience this tragedy. Im grateful the mennanites were there to help. Please.keep us in formed and know you and yours are in our prayers!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Buck naked boers, glad you are OK, scary stuff. :( :hug:

Moers:
    The goats and I are doing OK, the smoke isn't fun but we are OK, thanks for asking. :hug:

15. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    :up: thankyou. I am concerned about you. I didnt know the location of your ranch if you were included in the fire area or not. Im praying for all of you guys and for the smoke to be gone also. I get terrified every time I see the news. I.just hate to pry into your privacy..but if any of us can do something to help..please let us know.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    My does and I are still fine, the wind has changed and we have no more smoke. but the fires are headed around us, thank the Lord! It’s kind of hard to be fine though, does that make sense? Everyone else is going through some kind of tragedy. In Detroit Oregon out of all of the buildings only 20 were left unharmed.

18. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Stay safe.

19. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Thank you all. We appreciate the support.

Cottonwood yes completely agree! A lot isn’t being reported on here in Oregon.

Arson house fires. One lady lost her hubby in June and lost her house to arsonist a few days ago in our town.

A few days ago there was someone throwing mail all over a couple streets out not far from our house. We live in a rural town.

It’s like people are loosing common sense! We had a high speed chase(police and looter) down country rd to highway a few days ago. Police put down spikes and got the passenger front tire. Finally stopped the person. But chase was 60-70 miles hr.

So thankful for the police!!! They are patrolling our town. And so thankful for their support!

Glad all of you in the PNW are safe!! Hope we all stay safe going forward!!

Way too many forests with underbrush that hasn’t been cleaned out. Because of our interesting rules now. We need to bring back logging. PNW needs that. And our forests need the cleaning that provides.

I know not all people will agree with me. But I live in a logging town. And live by way too many forests that are way to overgrown with under brush. Too many fires!!