The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little bit ago Oreo lost her plug. She is still eating and not acting like she is in labor. I know it could be up to a month after she looses her plug, but I think she will go sooner than later. Udder is pretty full, she isn't use to having her udder touched like my goats so can't tell exactly how full! (She is a new goat). I'm gonna guess single for her in hopes she proves me wrong and has twins!! Lol :p

Hoping Oreo waits until it is warmer. Tomorrow afternoon would be fine lol. So I will of course be up all night checking on her. It is going to be a bit chilly so hope the best for us lol.

Here is Oreo in her pregnant glory! Oreos udder is a lot bigger than Bella's so I think Bella has a little bit to go!! Bella has her own post of course! Posted a pic of Bella for those who hasn't seen her post.

Attachments

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is acting like nothing is going on...so I don't think she will go tonight, grrr.

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is stretching a lot. It is dark and hard to see but looks like labor could be soon. It looked like a little clear goo was coming. She is trying to potty a lot like she has to go but not much is coming out. Every doe is different so no matter how much experience I have under my belt she will act different lol! Looks like a long, cold night for both of us!

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing new to update...she is acting normal. Don't see any sign she will go tonight either :/ ! Maybe tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Do you have a due date?
I have had does lose their plug a month before they kid all the way to 45 minutes.
Good luck

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No the person I bought the goats from didn't write down a day.

All my does go within an hour or two of the plug so she is enjoying making me wait lol! Still no babies, but I am watching her like a hawk. She is already annoyed at me checking her throughout the day and staring at her behind.

I'm sure the neighbors tell stories of their neighbor staring at goats behinds lol!

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious if anyone has had a goat (or heard of one) going over a month after mucous plug. It is coming up on a month and she is a lot bigger, but doesn't look any closer to delivery. My other goats go within a couple hours of mucous plug so she has me stumped.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I've only had one lose mucus plug a month before all the others were right before and the latest one a couple days before. Good luck and happy kidding:)

·
14,760 Posts
We've had them in the past start losing their plug more than a month away from kidding. Especially first timers.
Every goat is different. I'm sure she will go at some point, can't stay pregnant forever right? ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yup. I have several girls that loose their plug a month prior to kidding.

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well nov 25th will be a month since she lost her plug. I hope she doesn't stay pregnant forever lol.

I know she will go soon. I just worry about her and Bella having kids in winter. My goats I had bred by my own bucks aren't due til march/April/may. I hate winter kids. I'm too much of a worry wart for winter kids. Lol

I know the babies will be fine, I mean I live a lot further south than most of you and your winter babies do fine. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah. It was 9 degrees here this morning and I have 4 girls ready to pop. They're due on Sunday. Thank goodness for warning barrels and hot blow driers!

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She finally let me take her picture. I did have to trick her with a treat.

Attachments

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love this photo. It is almost like she is saying "AGAIN MOM?? Really??? "

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts