Orion's disbudding.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I feel so bad for him! I took him out of the pen and immediately Lyrae just somehow knew I was taking him somewhere else where she couldn't watch him. She starting yelling and running around the pen, I even gave her some hay to munch on but it still didn't do any good. Orion was great on the way there. Then we took him in the back of the vet's office to disbud him. He SCREAMED his little head off when he put that iron on him course he was already screaming from the shots he had given him too! I felt sooo bad! But the vet was really good with him, I'll definitely be a return customer. Thanks for telling me about this vet Bethany! It only cost me $13!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am glad all went well. They do scream like crazy, can't say I blame them. That is a dirt cheap price for disbudding! My vet charges an arm and leg ($60) just to come out. :shocked:

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm glad that he doesn't charge that much! He also said that he would like to see Orion in one month to see how he is doing! I'm pretty sure I found my goat vet! :greengrin:

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Your welcome Crissa, he is one great goat vet for sure!

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I mentioned that you had suggested him and he said not to listen to anything you say about him. :ROFL:

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    :greengrin: LOL that's too funny!! You need to let him know that I said ALL good things about him...didn't even mention the times he told me I owed like $500 instead of $20! :ROFL: