The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We use them to keep away bugs, and today my buggers somehow managed to get ahold of one, and they ate it! I've looked them up, took me a while because I didn't know what they actually ARE, (I do now!) and I can't find anything about them being toxic, but I'm still concerned.

Does anyone know anything about them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osage-orange

:?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry- not a plant from around here- I hope your goaties are OK. They do seem to be able to tolerate more toxics than most creatures.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I have a mock orange in my yard but I've never had to worry about the goats eating it. I would hope its not posionous.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Those aren't hedge trees are they? I know that isn't spelled right. We have a done of hedge trees up here that drop those little balls all along the road. Idk if goats can have them though put some baking soda out just in case.

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they're both fine, and I've talked to a few other people who say their livestock eat these once in a while, and the deer out here eat them up, so they must not be too bad. I'll be watching to make sure no more find their way into the pen, though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts