Osuna Caprine Supreme?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by comingsummers, May 8, 2010.

1. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Has anyone tried Caprine Supreme? I saw it at my feed store and thought it looked like a good mix. It contains 18% protein and the people at the feed store said that some people use it as a complete feed with no hay. I would want to just use it as a grain supplement with alfalfa hay. Just curious if anybody has any experience with this feed and what you thought. Thanks!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome to the goat spot.... happy you are here with us... :wave: :greengrin:

Wish I could answer that.... but I never tried it.... hope someone comes along to help answer that for you.... :hug:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Never even heard of the brand...sorry. I use Blue Seal Caprine Challenger, it is also 18% but I also give hay. I wouldn't reccommend any grain to be an only feed for a goat, they need to have the long fiber of hay for a healthy rumen. If anything, there should be more hay than grain fed.

4. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Yeah I thought that sounded a little fishy to feed a grain mix and nothing else. I plan on feeding a good quality alfalfa as the main feed with grain as a supplement. I was just hoping someone had tried this feed and could tell me if the ingredients seem to be good quality. Thanks for the info anyway.